Kendall Graveman agrees to deal w/Sox 3/$24

Kyyle23

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well, we are discussing exemptions to Canada's entry requirements, Tony germane.

Lol Ok. Have you gone one day without slamming Tony or JR in a post? I get it Ricky, you're bitter about getting fired for one of JR's drunken cronies. I wish some team would hire you. But looking at your record what fan base would accept?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

And they need to cover the bottom pen spots internally/scrap-heap  because they have far bigger holes in SP (Keuchel is one of the 5 and they have no depth), 2B and RF.

Perhaps they can take a Giants approach to the pen and look for command over Ks  for the bottom spots.

What? Those are three of the teams most important set up guys.  

This also has no effect on the SP, and it shouldn't be connected. 

https://theathletic.com/2975474/2021/11/24/white-sox-begin-rebuilding-their-bullpen-with-addition-of-kendall-graveman/?source=emp_shared_article

Solid article for those of you who are able to afford the $1 / month Athletic subscription.

Article Highlights

1. He learned his sinker last season with the Mariners.
  2. They kept him from pitching back to back days most of the season to help him manage through the season.
  3. Fegan said the Sox FO have been focused on 2B recently.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

$1 / month Athletic subscription.

Thx for this. My last sub at this price point got nixed when my credit card expired and I forgot to update it.

Since this was in the middle of the season I didn’t renew and was waiting for another promo.

Would have missed it otherwise.

22 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'll b**** about the Sox paying for guys at their absolute peak value as long as they keep doing it. It will never stop being stupid; just as it was stupid for Kimbrel, it is stupid for Graveman. Find guys before their one breakout campaign, stop signing them after it. Just my thoughts. I'm not a fan of the sustainability of Graveman as a reliever. I could be wrong.

The White Sox are actively looking to sign pitchers like this as we speak, and have in the past. Kahnle immediately comes to mind. They took a flyer on him then flipped him for more than they gave up. Sure, the deal didn't work out as Rutherford has stunk (for lack of a better word) but at the time it looked like a good deal for a former 1st round pick that still was somewhat highly thought of.

Someone like a Keynan Middleton comes to mind. Big fastball, wipe out slider, nasty changeup, big spin rates, but ZERO established success. Free agent and has high leverage "shit" without a high leverage brain yet because he's still raw, even at 27 years old. Someone like him is the sort of pitcher Katz would be trusted to work his magic on and guess what? He'll be CHEAP but if all clicks, could provide big dividends.

Not saying they're signing him, saying they're gonna sign a pitcher or two like him. A lot of you are probably thinking, "who?" and then will be like "oh shit this guy has big time stuff" when you see him pitch at Camelback in the spring

I know it ain't easy being a sox fan and every one of us are scarred to some extent, but a lot of you gotta trust the process. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It sure must be the off-season lull for you to grace us with your presence, brother 😆

this place is a good aggregate of info during hot stove season but I avoid all message boards like the plague during the season

4 minutes ago, wsd said:

this place is a good aggregate of info during hot stove season but I avoid all message boards like the plague during the season

Don’t blame you. I don’t have that much self control, personally… and being an out of state fan compounds it.

Hear anything regarding the prospect of pulling Tepera back in?

14 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Don’t blame you. I don’t have that much self control, personally… and being an out of state fan compounds it.

Hear anything regarding the prospect of pulling Tepera back in?

Nada. I have a feeling 3/24 on Graveman set a similar market rate for Tepera and doubt the Sox will go there, as nice as it'd be to bring him back. He's just good. Has the least sexy "shit" on earth but he's just a pitcher who gets outs. I hope I'm wrong but don't see it. 

53 minutes ago, wsd said:

The White Sox are actively looking to sign pitchers like this as we speak, and have in the past. Kahnle immediately comes to mind. They took a flyer on him then flipped him for more than they gave up. Sure, the deal didn't work out as Rutherford has stunk (for lack of a better word) but at the time it looked like a good deal for a former 1st round pick that still was somewhat highly thought of.

Someone like a Keynan Middleton comes to mind. Big fastball, wipe out slider, nasty changeup, big spin rates, but ZERO established success. Free agent and has high leverage "shit" without a high leverage brain yet because he's still raw, even at 27 years old. Someone like him is the sort of pitcher Katz would be trusted to work his magic on and guess what? He'll be CHEAP but if all clicks, could provide big dividends.

Not saying they're signing him, saying they're gonna sign a pitcher or two like him. A lot of you are probably thinking, "who?" and then will be like "oh shit this guy has big time stuff" when you see him pitch at Camelback in the spring

I know it ain't easy being a sox fan and every one of us are scarred to some extent, but a lot of you gotta trust the process. 

Trust of the process is earned, not given. The Sox, from a signing MLB talent standpoint have been pretty abysmal. If we're being honest with ourselves, this team is only where they are because they were incapable of building around some stars and flipped them for young talent that pretty much all hit - which is a testament to their abilities at the lower levels to identify talent. Their supplementing of this group has been atrocious though and not at all what they promised. They have signed 1 nice asset - Grandal - and had to trade from the youth to acquire the other one (Lynn). Keuchel is a donut, Kimbrel was a shit show, Eaton was a flat out embarrassment, and their scouting of Cesar was amateur hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wsd said:

Nada. I have a feeling 3/24 on Graveman set a similar market rate for Tepera and doubt the Sox will go there, as nice as it'd be to bring him back. He's just good. Has the least sexy "shit" on earth but he's just a pitcher who gets outs. I hope I'm wrong but don't see it. 

Yea, I’m hopeful they’ll sign him at a lesser rate as him getting the same amount of years seems a stretch due to his age… but even if he ends up getting 2/16 the scenario you mention likely plays out.

Bummer, I dig the dude too.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Trust of the process is earned, not given. The Sox, from a signing MLB talent standpoint have been pretty abysmal. If we're being honest with ourselves, this team is only where they are because they were incapable of building around some stars and flipped them for young talent that pretty much all hit - which is a testament to their abilities at the lower levels to identify talent. Their supplementing of this group has been atrocious though and not at all what they promised. They have signed 1 nice asset - Grandal - and had to trade from the youth to acquire the other one (Lynn). Keuchel is a donut, Kimbrel was a shit show, Eaton was a flat out embarrassment, and their scouting of Cesar was amateur hour.

Reading your posts should be an activity earned, not given. 😆

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah… I don’t know where this benefit of the doubt for them to be able to build around the team through trades and free agency is coming from. I’ll gladly tip my hat to them if they pull off some major moves.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They just won 93 games and would have been on a bee line for 100 if Robert, Eloy, Madrigal, etc. didn't get hurt. They're going to bolster that same team this winter and have the largest payroll in team history by like $50MM+. You didn't mention Hendriks in here and it's only like 3 weeks into the offseason. Let it play out. If they patch work the team together again, then by all means, raise hell. I for sure will be.

But JR, KW, RH and everyone underneath them know exactly what the need and JR/TLR know their biological clocks are ticking. Again, trust the process. I think we're gonna be very happy with the offseason and that come march, the White Sox will be a better team, maybe much better, than they were when they got destroyed by Houston in early October 

• Like 2

• bmags unpinned this topic