Twins extend Buxton

ChiSox59

Buxton key demand for a no-trade clause finally got this deal done after the Twins refused to offer it in previous negotiations.

“I’ve been blessed to stay with this one team in my career,” Buxton said. “To be able to put on this (uniform for my entire) career and go out there every day, it’s something that many guys can’t do.

“I want to be one of those guys that was there with that one team. This place just means a lot.”

Edited by South Side Hit Men

This is a really good deal for the Twins.  Surprised Byron signed it.  Injuries are and will continue to be a major factor, but at $15M AAV, he doesn't even need to be healthy for the Twins to come out ahead.  He accumulated 4.2 fWAR in 60 games this past season. 

I think he could have gotten this deal next year with another half season of good baseball in 22.  A full season of good baseball? He's smashing $100M.  

I had heard that the Twins weren't going to be aggressive this year - looking more for stopgap measures and no major FAs.  Not sure if this move changes that, but its a good start to their offseason.  That team still needs ALOT of work on the pitching side, though.