Semien to Rangers, 7 for $175

bmags

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Really MEH feeling not going anywhere close to that for Semien. Good player but just don’t think the Sox needed him at all

He was going to get paid, but his cost just wasn’t something I wanted the Sox to pay with their needs.  Not upset about the lack of pursuit myself. 

• Like 2

Just now, DaGame said:

For me it's not the money, the AAV is just fine, but the years.

True but this is where baseball is headed. We will never be in on any youngish true quality players if we won't step in the water. Thus my fear is we spend big on closers and other older players on the decline. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

True but this is where baseball is headed. We will never be in on any youngish true quality players if we won't step in the water. Thus my fear is we spend big on closers and other older players on the decline. 

I can understand that. Especially with Jerry still around.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

It's unclear why JR would make truly transformative investments in the team when he can take the money to his grave instead. 

Lol true. You'd think if your that old and have plenty on $$$. You'd say "fuck it" and go all in. Especially for one of the most talented teams in the league.