Semien to Rangers, 7 for $175

bmags

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hmm.

The Dodgers acquired and gave Mookie Betts 365 million dollars.

I'm glad your happy with the Sox history in FA. 

All payrolls should get bigger and bigger by year. That's how salaries work in every other sport. The league has seen huge growth since 2008 (2000 really). If you just took the 2008 payroll the Sox had, scale it directly to league growth since 2008, the Sox would have a payroll of 215 million dollars today. But yes, please go off in celebrating the Sox never investing big money in incredibly talented players.

The dodgers traded and gave an extension to a player.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox are going to run Jean Segura out there; a guy who is 32 years old; a guy who very easily could fall off a cliff at his age and given his skill set. They'll pay him 14 million too just to shed Kimbrel's salary. 

But that’s rad, right? That should help us fit the chart! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

And that’s free agency?

Thats not free agency

lol this is truly an amazing post. yes, he was a homegrown talent that they kept.

They gave him the DEAL he was asking for in FA - same deal he asked the Red Sox for - so he signed before becoming a FA. If the Sox ever want to do that, I'll be thrilled. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Absolute insanity…I’m 100% ok with overpaying a free agent, but for a team like the Rangers who are a couple years out this seems like a huge mistake.

Ofcourse this is an absurd deal. Cishek claims the Sox wouldn't guarantee a 7th year. I'd be royally pissed if they truly offered him a 6 yr deal (or any deal at all....its like they don't know or care what our needs are).

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Well \I'm disappointed, but I'm not jumping off the ledge just yet. I just hope this winter brings better things than Segura or Conforto.

Don’t worry. Ray is going to throw us all off and jump too for our sake. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Ofcourse this is an absurd deal. Cishek claims the Sox wouldn't guarantee a 7th year. I'd be royally pissed if they truly offered him a 6 yr deal (or any deal at all....its like they don't know or care what our needs are).

What are our needs? Semien fills our needs more than any player available this winter - possibly other than Max Scherzer. Semien hit 45 HR's - 35 of them against righthanded pitchers. The big things the Sox need are power against right handed pitchers and a TOR starter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sarava said:

What are our needs? Semien fills our needs more than any player available this winter - possibly other than Max Scherzer. Semien hit 45 HR's - 35 of them against righthanded pitchers. The big things the Sox need are power against right handed pitchers and a TOR starter.

I would go after Conforto and Schwarber hard now. Trade Kimbrel for Segura/prospects and trade for a TOR starter.

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, maloney.adam said:

I would go after Conforto hard now and Schwarber. Than just trade for a TOR starter.

Conforto and Schwarber? Where are you going to play Schwarber if you have Conforto in RF? Isn't DH kind of clogged up with Vaughn, Grandal, Sheets and Abreu all needing time there from time to time?

And I would love Schwarber's bat in our lineup. Those Schwarbombs would fit in nicely between Eloy and Robert in the lineup. I just don't see a position for him here.

Just now, Sarava said:

Conforto and Schwarber? Where are you going to play Schwarber if you have Conforto in RF? Isn't DH kind of clogged up with Vaughn, Grandal, Sheets and Abreu all needing time there from time to time?

And I would love Schwarber's bat in our lineup. Those Schwarbombs would fit in nicely between Eloy and Robert in the lineup. I just don't see a position for him here.

Think outside the box.

Just now, Sarava said:

Trade Sheets or Eloy and put Vaughn in left. 

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox are going to run Jean Segura out there; a guy who is 32 years old; a guy who very easily could fall off a cliff at his age and given his skill set. They'll pay him 14 million too just to shed Kimbrel's salary. 

Pick up Kimbel's option, only to pay Segura $14 mill, when you could have Escobar for $10 mil. 

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Well he did say trade for a TOR starter . That might take Vaughn and Sheets though I would imagine teams not real anxious for2 DH's for a TOR starter.

5 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Schwarber is better than any DH on the roster.