Jon Gray signs with the Rangers

Baron

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Gotta say, going from Colorado to a great pitcher's park in Texas could make 4 years $56 mil look pretty good for the Rangers. They might be able to flip him in 2 years for a haul if they aren't competitive by then.  It's a gamble, but may end up being a pretty good one.

Except statistically, he has been WORSE away from home. I hate the signing, and glad it was someone else, but who knows, it may completely turn him.

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Except statistically, he has been WORSE away from home. I hate the signing, and glad it was someone else, but who knows, it may completely turn him.

I think he’s interesting. He faded hard which may be a 2021 problem, but changed his arsenal. Not crazy about his stuff, but heard he made his FB fit coors. Maybe he can get more rise out of it

15 hours ago, Capn12 said:

He also went to OU like Hansen, so never underestimate comfort factor, Arlington being so close to Shawnee…just down I-35 a few hours.  Not to mention OKC had Rangers connections through the 89ers for years and years, 85% must grow up Rangers’ fans in that area, the rest KC, Houston, Rockies or Cardinals.

Edited by caulfield12