Scherzer to Mets for 3 yrs/$130m

bmags

Everyone thought having Cuban own the White Sox would be fun.

But this kind of spending is like late 70's and 80's Yankees, Steinbrenner in his prime.

It's got to be tremendously demoralizing to those bottom 6-8 MLB franchises who have essentially been reduced to feeder or relegation status...like the A's, Pirates, Royals, Orioles and Diamondbacks.

I mean I live in Western NY so most of my friends are Yankees or Mets fan, so I’ve always gravitated Mets as my “local” secondary follow because fuck the Yanks, but like lol Mets seems to be a reoccurring fucking theme going on for a while now. Fun to see them get an owner to throw money around but as we’ve seen they still have been lol Mets with the GM search and players who have left. Entertaining circus interesting to watch.

4 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

not saying this won't happen but kinda weird we heard it was at the finish line last night then nothing yet. Still have a feeling he's waiting out to see if a WC teams swoops in and matches the deal

Yeah, I think he got the mets to max bid and the mets know no one else is near, and he's looking longingly at Arte Moreno hoping he can get him close enough to stay in LA.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I never thought the Sox were actually in on Scherzer, so I'm not bummed out. Just please at least get Conforto.

I'm bummed because pitchers like this aren't on market often...

but I'm exTREEEEMELY bummed he went to the mets. Just revolting.

Just now, bmags said:

I'm bummed because pitchers like this aren't on market often...

but I'm exTREEEEMELY bummed he went to the mets. Just revolting.

Remember when nobody wanted to work or play for the Mets like 2 weeks ago? I guess money does solve some things. 

• Like 1