Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Scherzer to Mets for 3 yrs/$130m

for those with lives: we have been getting hourly leaks to NY reporters on how darn hard Steve Cohen is trying to land max.

Other rumors: that LAD are pessimistic.

No one else seems to have Jon Heyman on speed dial.

• Like 1

Blech. Liked max post DET, but this is trash. Hope it’s a disaster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

4 years would be hilarious.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

4 years would be hilarious.

Especially for a guy who had dead arm in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, Max is great, but paying him $40 million when he's gonna be 41 isn't gonna be fun. 

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Maybe we could follow the KW plan and pay 0.50 cents on the $1 approach...locking him in for $21 million for the first three months, then letting him become a FA again at mid-season.

Everyone thought having Cuban own the White Sox would be fun.

But this kind of spending is like late 70's and 80's Yankees, Steinbrenner in his prime.

It's got to be tremendously demoralizing to those bottom 6-8 MLB franchises who have essentially been reduced to feeder or relegation status...like the A's, Pirates, Royals, Orioles and Diamondbacks.

I mean I live in Western NY so most of my friends are Yankees or Mets fan, so I’ve always gravitated Mets as my “local” secondary follow because fuck the Yanks, but like lol Mets seems to be a reoccurring fucking theme going on for a while now. Fun to see them get an owner to throw money around but as we’ve seen they still have been lol Mets with the GM search and players who have left. Entertaining circus interesting to watch.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The Mets still don't have a manager. 

This is a lot of spending, a huge payroll, and ... meh? Probably will look more impressive if Lindor makes a comeback. 

• Thanks 1

not saying this won't happen but kinda weird we heard it was at the finish line last night then nothing yet. Still have a feeling he's waiting out to see if a WC teams swoops in and matches the deal

4 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

not saying this won't happen but kinda weird we heard it was at the finish line last night then nothing yet. Still have a feeling he's waiting out to see if a WC teams swoops in and matches the deal

Yeah, I think he got the mets to max bid and the mets know no one else is near, and he's looking longingly at Arte Moreno hoping he can get him close enough to stay in LA.

sadly, this is probably finalized already 

I never thought the Sox were actually in on Scherzer, so I'm not bummed out. Just please at least get Conforto.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I never thought the Sox were actually in on Scherzer, so I'm not bummed out. Just please at least get Conforto.

I'm bummed because pitchers like this aren't on market often...

but I'm exTREEEEMELY bummed he went to the mets. Just revolting.

I thought Scherzer would easily get 3 years and 100+ million. I didn't think he'd get 3 years and $130 million though. Cohen really wanted Scherzer. 

Just now, bmags said:

I'm bummed because pitchers like this aren't on market often...

but I'm exTREEEEMELY bummed he went to the mets. Just revolting.

Remember when nobody wanted to work or play for the Mets like 2 weeks ago? I guess money does solve some things. 

• Like 1