Corey Seager to the Rangers: 10Y, 325M

Baron

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You think we're pissed? Imagine being an Angel fan. 

At least Moreno has put real money into his team. Messed up in alot of other places but spending money has never been a problem for them. I thought they would be the ones to top the Mets for Scherzer but surprised they didn't go through with it

We did not need a shortstop, we need :

1. 2nd Baseman--Chris Taylor or Story (if he's willing to move to 2nd)  works for me. 

2. 1 starting pitcher, Rodon still out there, or a trade for a starter, at the rate pitchers are being signed, there may be no free ageents left to sign. 

3. a right fielder if you're not platooning Vaughn and Sheets. Conforto/Castellanos would be nice at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

This was never really an option for the White Sox. But this being the price is why I've been concerned about missing on the smaller pieces like Frazier/Escobar.

At some point, Romy becomes the best option. And that's fine IF they get a real hitter in RF and sign a significant starter (or two).

What significant starters? Stroman and Rodon appear to be the next 2 unsigned ones on the MLBTR list.

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What significant starters? Stroman and Rodon appear to be the next 2 unsigned ones on the MLBTR list.

I mean I've got doubts, too.

I do expect that they'll try trade for at least one. But I expect that, when all is said and done, their definition of "significant" will differ from mine.

22 minutes ago, Baron said:

AL West is interesting. But Texas is still a ways away. 

They're closer than you think.  They have some serious impact talent in the upper minors.  Jack Leiter and Cole Winn (who they LOVE) will be in the rotation next year to go along with Jon Gray, Dane Dunning and Spencer Howard.  That will be a solid rotation.  They also have a couple impact bats in Josh Jung and Sam Huff to along with the newly acquired Semien and Seager.  They need to add a couple arms to the bullpen but they definitely have things going in the right direction. 

Give Romy Gonzalez a shot at 2B and keep the same platoon at RF from last year (Vaugn/Engel/Sheets).  Maybe Oscar Colas could be a factor around may/June.  He is a lefty power bat.

Last thing the sox need is to sign someone to a long term deal for 6+ years.  That'll put us over the luxury tax in a yr or 2 once moncada hits his $20+mil per year and have Robert and eloy coming around the corner.  Plus there won't be any money left to resign Tim Anderson or Lucas Giolito in the next yr or 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

At this point I’d be surprised if the Tigers didn’t land Correa. I bet Rodón goes to either Detroit or Anaheim soon too. 

I know NYY considers SS to be their biggest need by far. I'd only slightly revise your comment to, "I'd be surprised if the Tigers didn't land either Correa or Baez" and obviously the impact is pretty different between those two outcomes.

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They're closer than you think.  They have some serious impact talent in the upper minors.  Jack Leiter and Cole Winn (who they LOVE) will be in the rotation next year to go along with Jon Gray, Dane Dunning and Spencer Howard.  That will be a solid rotation.  They also have a couple impact bats in Josh Jung and Sam Huff to along with the newly acquired Semien and Seager.  They need to add a couple arms to the bullpen but they definitely have things going in the right direction. 

Alot of the guys in the upper minors play in Round Rock so I get to see them frequently. Their lineup isn't very good at all. Rotation is solid. Like I said earlier 1-2 years. They need another solid offseason. 

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Remember when the Phillies said the same thing when they acquired Harper & Wheeler.  I get you have some sort of scouting background and like to dream big on prospects, but not all these kids will pan out and they have a ways to go before they have all the supporting in place to overcome the Astros, Mariners, and even Angels.

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

I know NYY considers SS to be their biggest need by far. I'd only slightly revise your comment to, "I'd be surprised if the Tigers didn't land either Correa or Baez" and obviously the impact is pretty different between those two outcomes.

Yanks rumored to not want to spend at SS

1 minute ago, G13 said:

Give Romy Gonzalez a shot at 2B and keep the same platoon at RF from last year (Vaugn/Engel/Sheets).  Maybe Oscar Colas could be a factor around may/June.  He is a lefty power bat.

Last thing the sox need is to sign someone to a long term deal for 6+ years.  That'll put us over the luxury tax in a yr or 2 once moncada hits his $20+mil per year and have Robert and eloy coming around the corner.  Plus there won't be any money left to resign Tim Anderson or Lucas Giolito in the next yr or 2.

We don't even know what the luxury tax number will be next year, let alone if there will even be one.

1 minute ago, G13 said:

This might literally have given Ray Ray an aneurysm. Somebody make sure he is ok and his head hasn't exploded. 

• Haha 1