Now that Sox have totally wet the bed

Jnooch

I’m bummed about passing on Gausman & Ray at those prices.  Sucks that Jerry is a cheap mothefucker, but nothing is going to change in that regard unfortunately.

That being said, most of the positional guys of interest are still there outside of Semien, who I never bought into as being a serious target.  Conforto, Taylor, Schwarber, and Castellanos are all still available.  I do think Conforto is hands-down the best fit out of those four, but any of them would be big additions.  Definitely not time to panic just yet.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jnooch said:

They seem to have totally misread the market. If they cant move Kimbrel for Segura. Just keep Kimbrel and go hard for kris Bryant. Move Moncada back to 2b and slide KB to 3b. It seems were behind the 8 ball. 

Gloom and doom and let’s get desperate is what I read here. The Sox haven’t misread the market and I don’t think paying salary amounts that these guys were signed for would be a wise move for the team 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Gloom and doom and let’s get desperate is what I read here. The Sox haven’t misread the market and I don’t think paying salary amounts that these guys were signed for would be a wise move for the team 

You can see a pitcher slipping between the cracks, but a lot of teams have hardly done anything as well and will be chasing after the same 3-5 position players as the White Sox.

Plus, it’s going to depress season ticket sales/deposits with the threat of a strike and no interesting new player moves if this drags on and on…had they gotten to the ALCS, it would be a slightly different story at least.

If the Sox miss out on Conforto, I will join the masses with a pitchfork.  My offseason plan is still in play, so I am not at all concerned yet.  Would it have been nice to get some of the top 5 or so FA?  Yeah, but I wasn't expecting that. This is the White Sox afterall. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m bummed about passing on Gausman & Ray at those prices.  Sucks that Jerry is a cheap mothefucker, but nothing is going to change in that regard unfortunately.

That being said, most of the positional guys of interest are still there outside of Semien, who I never bought into as being a serious target.  Conforto, Taylor, Schwarber, and Castellanos are all still available.  I do think Conforto is hands-down the best fit out of those four, but any of them would be big additions.  Definitely not time to panic just yet.

Y’all really wanna kill Luis Robert by flanking him with Eloy and Castellanos? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The kimbrel trade (if they can even find a suitable package) and any free agent signings will happen after the lockout. Also, wouldn't be shocked if Reinsdorf saw the news about expanded playoffs (jesse rogers first to report it hmm) and decided that they didn't need to spend anymore money to make the playoffs or try and win a championship.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

The kimbrel trade (if they can even find a suitable package) and any free agent signings will happen after the lockout. Also, wouldn't be shocked if Reinsdorf saw the news about expanded playoffs (jesse rogers first to report it hmm) and decided that they didn't need to spend anymore money to make the playoffs or try and win a championship.

Dude, just shutup and go away.  These takes are awful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dude, just shutup and go away.  These takes are awful.

at least i stay consistent with my takes you are the heat mizer and the ice mizer wrapped into one account. One second you are ripping on the front office and the chairman and the next minute you're carrying water for them. Bipolar

Edited by whitesoxwinner
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

at least i stay consistent with my takes you are the heat mizer and the ice mizer wrapped into one accounnt

It's Snow Miser....sorry but I cannot let a Rankin/Bass error go unrecognized.

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

at least i stay consistent with my takes you are the heat mizer and the ice mizer wrapped into one account. One second you are ripping on the front office and the chairman and the next minute you're carrying water for them. Bipolar

I’ve never carried water for Jerry.  He’s a shitty owner and has been my whole life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1