Now that Sox have totally wet the bed

Jnooch

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

When the lockout is over let’s sign a Rodon and maybe Tepera and move ahead. If we can’t trade Kimbrel I am fine with him staying. W  we have options at 2B. We have a real good team 

If they end up keeping Kimbrel, signing another reliever with their “last” 7mil doesn’t seem like the best usage of limited resources. I honestly would have rather used that money to sign Cesar than rely on internal 2B options while pulling Leury out of the super-sub role. 

However, I am on board with bringing back Rodon.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:06 PM, southsider2k5 said:

You are proposing "ban bets" like we are still in 2nd grade on MySpace because he hurt your ego, so yes, it is really obvious that you feel you need to prove something to these people who you claim to not be bothered by.  But yes, let's hear again about my age or something to further prove how it doesn't bother you. Got a mama joke too?

Bite your tongue sir!

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:21 PM, whitesoxwinner said:

ive never seen adult men hold a grudge over one disagreement like southside2k and chicago white sox. It's a shame because I considered them friends on this site. Until i ripped on our MLB front office for their mlb evaluations (which, in my eyes, has since been validated by harold's left leg saying they wildly misunderstood the market). Lesson learned dont disagree with either of them or you're a problem

I am pretty sure this poster is NSC.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 8:45 PM, NCsoxfan said:

I respect that point of view but I think exactly the opposite. When you have those players you don’t need another big fish, you need smart signings which help compliment the “team”. 

Any idiot can identify what free agents are the best or trade Chris Sale and identify which prospects to ask for…it’s much tougher to make the signings which are less obvious and that’s what separates championship teams (and front offices) from the rest! 

100% agree with this point of view.  It's the best approach for any team, not the Yankees or Dodgers.

They"ll never say it but I will.

A lot of these Tier 1 Free Agents just don't want to be bothered with Jerry Reinsdorf.

Torri Hunter played Reinsdorf like a Stradivarius.

Machado and Harper were even worse because of the holy hell they sent the base through in using Reinsdorf for leverage to secure better deals elsewhere.

Max just outright admitted it.

Edited by GradMc

On 12/7/2021 at 11:37 AM, hankchifan said:

Isn’t he also a Scott Boras client?

If Scott Boras is the reason, then  CWS ownership/senior management can"t be considered major players.

A seat at the table ?

More like second-rate seat warmers.

Edited by GradMc

7 hours ago, GradMc said:

They"ll never say it but I will.

A lot of these Tier 1 Free Agents just don't want to be bothered with Jerry Reinsdorf.

Torri Hunter played Reinsdorf like a Stradivarius.

Machado and Harper were even worse because of the holy hell they sent the base through in using Reinsdorf for leverage to secure better deals elsewhere.

Max just outright admitted it.

Cool man you got it 

17 hours ago, GradMc said:

If Scott Boras is the reason, then  CWS ownership/senior management can"t be considered major players.

A seat at the table ?

More like second-rate seat warmers.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-offer-to-max-scherzer-revealed-exploring-options-to-replace-mad-max/2021/12/10/

And so were the Dodgers…on their own guy.  Will be interesting if LA ends up with Rodon, Montas and L.Castillo also being discussed as trade options.