Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jnooch

Now that Sox have totally wet the bed

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I offered to resolve it with a ban bet with my take. Would you like to resolve this with a ban bet?

Not unless Ron and/or Jose Abreu are somehow involved.

Or Greg775's palatial Lawrence estate.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Kris Bryant is a good move that I would support. He's the type of guy I pay money to.  He's flexible and quite frankly I feel like he's a guy who is going to produce over next 5 to 6 years at a pretty high clip.  And if anything - you have some added flexibility in that he can play a good OF or due to injury move back to 3B and play a GG 3B as well (with Moncada moving or just filling in due to an injury).  If only he was a lefty is all I can say - but he's still a darn good player and fits from a marketability perspective.  And I think he's the type of guy that in 3 years you could move too.  

I kind of feel same way about Trevor Story to be honest.  Conforto gets me the least excited - mediocre offensive play who has hit under .260 in 3 of his last 4 seasons, including 2 of the last 3, who plays a mediocre at best defense. Story & Bryant are both above average defenders, who I get it, aren't Left handed hitters, but can provide premium defense at premium positions and bring flexibility. Story can presumably be a damn good 2B while being able to back-up Timmy at SS (in case of an injury) while Bryant fills a hole playing above average RF defense while also providing flexibility for Moncada at 3B.   

Seems the Giants really need to keep him if they want to continue to compete in that division. Plus, much closer to Las Vegas.

Story is going to get way too much money from someone missing out on Correa...and not satisfied with Baez's erratic offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are proposing "ban bets" like we are still in 2nd grade on MySpace because he hurt your ego, so yes, it is really obvious that you feel you need to prove something to these people who you claim to not be bothered by.  But yes, let's hear again about my age or something to further prove how it doesn't bother you. Got a mama joke too?

Ban bets have been around here since I can remember. They are fun and put a little meaning to debates on takes. You sound scared honestly 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive never seen adult men hold a grudge over one disagreement like southside2k and chicago white sox. It's a shame because I considered them friends on this site. Until i ripped on our MLB front office for their mlb evaluations (which, in my eyes, has since been validated by harold's left leg saying they wildly misunderstood the market). Lesson learned dont disagree with either of them or you're a problem

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

ive never seen adult men hold a grudge over one disagreement like southside2k and chicago white sox. It's a shame because I considered them friends on this site. Until i ripped on our MLB front office for their mlb evaluations (which, in my eyes, has since been validated by harold's left leg saying they wildly misunderstood the market). Lesson learned dont disagree with either of them or you're a problem

Hold a grudge?  I just said get out of here with that stupid “Jerry cut the payroll because a new playoff proposal” shit.  If you want a good conspiracy go join QAnon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Taylor, Tepera, and Wood will satisfy me.  Need a quality player for 2nd and load up with pitching.  I still think Rodon is a possibility as well.  I want the Vaughn, Sheets, and Engel for RF so fine with missing out on some of the mentioned names.  

See, sometimes spreading the same amount of $ across a few players is better than breaking the bank on someone like Semien. Not a guarantee either way, but different ways to attack things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NCsoxfan said:

See, sometimes spreading the same amount of $ across a few players is better than breaking the bank on someone like Semien. Not a guarantee either way, but different ways to attack things.

When you have Tim, Yoan, Jose, Luis, Yas, and Eloy, you should splurge on one big fish. Especially with Vaughn and Sheets on the roster. These short cheap deals for position players rarely work for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

When you have Tim, Yoan, Jose, Luis, Yas, and Eloy, you should splurge on one big fish. Especially with Vaughn and Sheets on the roster. These short cheap deals for position players rarely work for us. 

I respect that point of view but I think exactly the opposite. When you have those players you don’t need another big fish, you need smart signings which help compliment the “team”. 
 

Any idiot can identify what free agents are the best or trade Chris Sale and identify which prospects to ask for…it’s much tougher to make the signings which are less obvious and that’s what separates championship teams (and front offices) from the rest! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Ban bets have been around here since I can remember. They are fun and put a little meaning to debates on takes. You sound scared honestly 

Ban bets are quite literally a joke on this page for this exact reason.  Insecure people seem to need them to prove their worth over meaningless arguments on the internet. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Seems the Giants really need to keep him if they want to continue to compete in that division. Plus, much closer to Las Vegas.

Story is going to get way too much money from someone missing out on Correa...and not satisfied with Baez's erratic offense.

If I were a team - Correa is who I would give the most money to from a positional standpoint.  Not Seager, not any of these other people. Correa.  Guy is a stud - will get him for his prime at a premium position.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If I were a team - Correa is who I would give the most money to from a positional standpoint.  Not Seager, not any of these other people. Correa.  Guy is a stud - will get him for his prime at a premium position.  

The injury history and fact that Seager will likely have to move off SS at some point make Correa the better choice. 

Seager made more sense for the Sox, simply because LH/playoff-proven/would be able to player other positions more willingly than Correa, such as 3B and 2B (which is where he would be with the Sox).

Well, let's just say it would be a shocker if Anderson would willingly give up SS for anyone but Correa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I respect that point of view but I think exactly the opposite. When you have those players you don’t need another big fish, you need smart signings which help compliment the “team”. 
 

Any idiot can identify what free agents are the best or trade Chris Sale and identify which prospects to ask for…it’s much tougher to make the signings which are less obvious and that’s what separates championship teams (and front offices) from the rest! 

I would agree with this if Moncada, Eloy, and Robert has a few years of consistent offensive success under their belts. They are still growing and getting better, as is Vaughn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If I were a team - Correa is who I would give the most money to from a positional standpoint.  Not Seager, not any of these other people. Correa.  Guy is a stud - will get him for his prime at a premium position.  

I still bet he winds up in Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ban bets are quite literally a joke on this page for this exact reason.  Insecure people seem to need them to prove their worth over meaningless arguments on the internet. 

It is really not that serious lol

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I still bet he winds up in Detroit.

Seager got 10/$325 mil and you know Correa wants to top that. I don’t think Detroit stays in for that coming off the last several years of Cabrera.  But teams seem like they are ready to spend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

Everyone needs to chill. We have a great team as is. I truly believe there will be great deals to be have in the $5-10mil a year range. They might not be the headline deals but can end up yielding better results. 

They still need a starting right fielder, a starting second baseman, a starting pitcher or two and more bullpen arms. They better not just get stopgaps for these positions, there should be upgrades and possibly everyday players. I will be disappointed if they do platoons and don’t do upgrades.

5 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

There’s decent quality people such as Chris Taylor, Alex Wood, Schwarber, Alex Cobb, Jose Iglesias, Pineda, Bundy, Tepera, Villar, Chafin…

Morosi had a hunch that they were targeting Taylor when I listened to Parkins and Spiegel today. Now if they did get him, Schwarber, Tepera and a starting pitcher or two, then that looks better than doing nothing even if other teams are spending like drunken sailors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Beast said:

They still need a starting right fielder, a starting second baseman, a starting pitcher or two and more bullpen arms. They better not just get stopgaps for these positions, there should be upgrades and possibly everyday players. I will be disappointed if they do platoons and don’t do upgrades.

Morosi had a hunch that they were targeting Taylor when I listened to Parkins and Spiegel today. Now if they did get him, Schwarber, Tepera and a starting pitcher or two, then that looks better than doing nothing even if other teams are spending like drunken sailors.

One guy like Taylor or Schwarber…highly doubt we get two, and that would practically guarantee we start trading guys like Vaughn, Crochet and Sheets for 2B/SP.

That’s still going to be at least $140-150 million between just those two.

Also don’t see Conforto and Taylor combined, that would be closer to $160-175 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

If I were a team - Correa is who I would give the most money to from a positional standpoint.  Not Seager, not any of these other people. Correa.  Guy is a stud - will get him for his prime at a premium position.  

You are 100% correct.  I am guessing he ends up with the Yankees or San Fran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

You are 100% correct.  I am guessing he ends up with the Yankees or San Fran.

Yankees. SF had a career year out of Crawford, unless they’re moving him to 2B.

Yankees seem like the obvious choice, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

One guy like Taylor or Schwarber…highly doubt we get two, and that would practically guarantee we start trading guys like Vaughn, Crochet and Sheets for 2B/SP.

That’s still going to be at least $140-150 million between just those two.

Also don’t see Conforto and Taylor combined, that would be closer to $160-175 million.

If they got one of Schwarber or Taylor then that would be better than neither. Then again if you get Schwarber you have more DH/1B/corner OF types on your roster. I have no issue trading from Vaughn or Sheets to get something else they need. To do nothing or half ass it doesn’t help them get closer to the World Series next year and beyond.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the lockout is over let’s sign a Rodon and maybe Tepera and move ahead. If we can’t trade Kimbrel I am fine with him staying. W  we have options at 2B. We have a real good team 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

When the lockout is over let’s sign a Rodon and maybe Tepera and move ahead. If we can’t trade Kimbrel I am fine with him staying. W  we have options at 2B. We have a real good team 

Yuck. Another $7-9 million on this bullpen, would make it far and away the most expensive in MLB.  And you are unlikely to get a repeat out of Tepera, but you're buying high on him, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2021 at 7:21 PM, whitesoxwinner said:

ive never seen adult men hold a grudge over one disagreement like southside2k and chicago white sox.

Lesson learned dont disagree with either of them or you're a problem

You aren't  the problem because you disagree with them.

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×