White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal

raBBit

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Leury Garcia may end up being one of the longest tenured White Sox ever and that alone is a hysterical thought to me.

One can say the timing of it doesn’t matter, but they don’t appear to be prioritizing more important things. This is the kind of stuff big time clubs do later 

Edited by Chick Mercedes

37 minutes ago, hi8is said:

“Sign or acquire a great DH and a great right fielder, put Andrew Vaughn there at second base. I’m serious.”
- Chuck Garfien on the latest White Sox Talk podcast

😆

I listened to them today, total damage control for the franchise already. 

5 minutes ago, Moncada said:

vomiting-yaks.gif

Horrible, borderline horrific signing.   He is just barely a serviceable bench guy let alone a a starter (which this makes him).   Just horrible that they sign Leury to be the starter at 2B 

If you think he’s barely a serviceable bench guy, your standards might be a little too high for bench players.

Also, where are you seeing that he’s the starter at 2B?

4 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

One can say the timing of it doesn’t matter, but they don’t appear to be prioritizing more important things. This is the kind of stuff big time clubs do later 

braves signed orlando arcia today.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

What else they say

gotta tell ya, liked the jesse rogers interview, but listening to Chuck pontificate at signing Rizzo makes me not run to listen to how chuck is processing this when there isn't a guest on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moncada said:

vomiting-yaks.gif

Horrible, borderline horrific signing.   He is just barely a serviceable bench guy let alone a a starter (which this makes him).   Just horrible that they sign Leury to be the starter at 2B 

You are not familiar with a lot of rosters then, because there are a lot worse players than Leury Garcia pulling down paychecks in MLB.  With 750 roster slots out there, there is a ton of mediocrity and worse getting MLB jobs.

• Like 1

lol, this is really nice of Arcia, but this seems so annoying. Is it like a checkbox on the contract? Do the braves, right before you sign, ask "would you like to donate 1% of your contract to our charity?" and stare at you the whole time?

• Haha 2

• raBBit unpinned this topic