White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal

raBBit

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No part of this is an "exciting" signing.  It is a part of roster building.  I get the worry that he will play too much, but you also need guys like this around for when guys like Eloy decide to run through walls, or someone else pulls something.

Well for one, it would be a luxurious signing just for that. Which the Sox are not known for doing. And two, what’s the rush? The order is off.  A lot of little questions about why this was done and when it was done ratchet up the anxiety for many fans.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Rick Hahn has the most dramatic two-year winning percentage increase in baseball history after compiling one of the the sport's worst from 2012~2019.

If you think that would have saved him from some savage question and answer sessions, we will have to agree to disagree there.

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Let’s reverse engineer this. If the Sox signed Semien or Escobar, and an everyday legit RF, would Garcia still be signed here for 3 years?  

Gotta believe things are not real optimistic in the war room, based on this signing.

Technically, the only guy they could sign which would make me think "Ok they probably won't go for Leury" is Chris Taylor.

• Like 1

Are all you forgetting TLR went on the record saying Leury is NOT a utility player. He’s an every day MLB player who just plays multiple positions. I like Leury in a limited role who plays a few times a week, but not every day, he gets exposed. This contract only confirms that notion. And just because he CAN play OF doesn't mean he should. 

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

None of your factual claims have been true. From your 5 errors, which you tried to reverse on, to the players outputs, they have been false.  

1. I didn't say 5 errors, I said "5 errors/bad plays (fact)"

2. I haven't said any player outputs (fact)

3. You can keep lying all you want it just makes you look real bad

• Haha 1

Just now, Moncada said:

1. I didn't say 5 errors, I said "5 errors/bad plays (fact)"

2. I haven't said any player outputs (fact)

3. You can keep lying all you want it just makes you look real bad

Literally, you are wrong as they were not OFFICIAL errors according to the scorekeeper.

Everyone who was watching the games know they were mental/physical mistakes...and plays weren't made that ordinarily should have been by the "average" fielder in those particular situations.

In spirit, definitely you are right, because Leury's return is more or less a general acceptance of some of the sloppy habits of our fielders that was never corrected during the course of the 2021 season.  To expect big changes at this advanced point in his career would require bringing in Rusty Kuntz to work specifically with Leury, Eloy, Sheets and Vaughn on outfield defense.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Literally, you are wrong as they were not OFFICIAL errors according to the scorekeeper.

Everyone who was watching the games know they were mental/physical mistakes...and plays weren't made that ordinarily should have been by the "average" fielder in those particular situations.

In spirit, definitely you are right, because Leury's return is more or less a general acceptance of some of the sloppy habits of our fielders that was never corrected during the course of the 2021 season.  To expect big changes at this advanced point in his career would require bringing in Rusty Kuntz to work specifically with Leury, Eloy, Sheets and Vaughn on outfield defense.

I didn't say 5 errors.  I said errors and bad plays bc I dint know if the one in right was called an error it wasn't.  So my statement was factually correct.  He made like 5 errors and bad plays 

Just now, Moncada said:

I didn't say 5 errors.  I said errors and bad plays bc I dint know if the one in right was called an error it wasn't.  So my statement was factually correct.  He made like 5 errors and bad plays 

Then it would have been better just to say 5 bad plays/misjudgements/mental and physical errors/bad routes/misreads, whatever.

Literally, an error is either in the official boxscore, OR, it's not.

No grey areas.  Although sometimes decisions are appealed to the Commissioner's Office.  I think the statute of limitations already passed on his ALDS play/s.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Then it would have been better just to say 5 bad plays/misjudgements/mental and physical errors/bad routes/misreads, whatever.

Literally, an error is either in the official boxscore, OR, it's not.

No grey areas.  Although sometimes decisions are appealed to the Commissioner's Office.  I think the statute of limitations already passed on his ALDS play/s.

The one is right was, is, and will always be considered an error in everyone's mind regardless of what the official scorer says.  If southsideer2k5 wants to argue the minute details they gonna lose bc it was an error.  No one gives a damn what it was scored, it was an error.  It was not a misplay, it was not a bad play, it was not a misjudgement, it was not a bad route, it was not a bad read.  IT WAS AN ERROR.  They give errors to 1B for less, it was an error. He wants to lie and say I said 5 errors when I clearly said errors and bad plays.  Then he wants to lie and say I said I posted false player outputs, I haven't posted a single player output.   

He is just a liar and sore bc I believe this a very bad signing unless they do more and sign an everyday starter to force him to a backup 

• raBBit unpinned this topic