White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal

raBBit

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

And people call me gloomy. But the injury history is def real. I don’t think a FO will outlay millions up front based on forcasting a lot of injuries though.

The Sox need legitimate depth to grind out a season, rest starters, and be prepared in October.

They need better players than Jake Lamb or Brian Goodwin in reserve roles. If they acquire a legitimate 2B, and Leury served as a reserve player, the Sox are in better position than they have been the past few years with injury/error prone Nick Madrigal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Sox need legitimate depth to grind out a season, rest starters, and be prepared in October.

They need better players than Jake Lamb or Brian Goodwin in reserve roles. If they acquire a legitimate 2B, and Leury served as a reserve player, the Sox are in better position than they have been the past few years with injury/error prone Nick Madrigal.

💯 

48 minutes ago, Moncada said:

1. I didn't say 5 errors, I said "5 errors/bad plays (fact)"

2. I haven't said any player outputs (fact)

3. You can keep lying all you want it just makes you look real bad

There were zero errors. The attempt to pass it off as an addition to "bad plays", if true, just means you were intentionally trying to mislead people by including some thing that was a complete falsehood.  It's either or lie, or you made an assumption and were wrong and don't want to admit it.

Which one is it?

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There were zero errors. The attempt to pass it off as an addition to "bad plays", if true, just means you were intentionally trying to mislead people by including some thing that was a complete falsehood.  It's either or lie, or you made an assumption and were wrong and don't want to admit it.

Which one is it?

Maybe you should read before posting 

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moncada said:

I honestly don't know what your problem is.   I have my opinion, you don't like it and think Leury is a superstar 2B, thats fine.  You are wrong, but that is fine.  

One thing we can pretty much ALL agree on.

NOBODY ON EARTH (MAYBE THE ENTIRE KNOWN UNIVERSE) BELIEVES LEURY IS A SUPERSTAR 2B, UNLESS THEY ONLY WATCHED ONE SOX GAME LAST SEASON VERY VERY SELECTIVELY.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moncada said:

I honestly don't know what your problem is.   I have my opinion, you don't like it and think Leury is a superstar 2B, thats fine.  You are wrong, but that is fine.  

My problem is that you go from one lie to another, just like this post. Literally no one has said this, but you haven't let being factually incorrect stop you so far, so I don't expect it will now.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

My problem is that you go from one lie to another, just like this post. Literally no one has said this, but you haven't let being factually incorrect stop you so far, so I don't expect it will now.

I've never made a single lie (except for the joking superstar 2B comment).  

You however have called me a liar and used used blatant lies to back it up.  Its pretty embarrassing for this site to see an Admin act the way you are for no reason at all.   

Again. I have not made a single lie

You have lied repeatedly in calling me a liar 

12 minutes ago, Moncada said:

You however have called me a liar and used used blatant lies to back it up.  Its pretty embarrassing for this site to see an Admin act the way you are for no reason at all.   

Pipe down 

1 hour ago, Moncada said:

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

-The 5 errors and bad plays claim was trash. You moved the goalposts to pretend you were saying something else. Then you totally ignored the requests for the other four "bad plays"

-Leury out hit Romy by a sizable margin. About 30 OPS points.

-Leury hit well down the stretch.

-Leury hit ok in the playoffs. 

-You claimed that people think Leury is a "superstar 2B" when literally no one said it.  

It is easier to document what you said that was accurate,  and I will do it below here.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

-The 5 errors and bad plays claim was trash. You moved the goalposts to pretend you were saying something else. Then you totally ignored the requests for the other four "bad plays"

-You claimed that people think Leury is a "superstar 2B" when literally no one said it.  

It is easier to document what you said that was accurate,  and I will do it below here.

Ah man - I thought the Moncada guy had been attacked by 100 duck sized Madrigals.

Edited by hi8is

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So let's document it.  

Statement 1: my statement was factual despite what you think of it 

Statement 2: I never said anything other than I would have preferred to give Romy the AB's down the stretch (so you just lied)

Statement 3: I never said anything about Leury hitting down the stretch (so you lied again)

Statement 4: I never said anything about Leury hitting in the playoffs (so you lied again)

Statement 5: you did by the way you are defending Leury (but yeah I said no one said it)

You just lied repeatedly bc I said nothing in regard to Leury's stats or play 

I've let this go but yet you keep bringing this back up and lying in doing so

Why....

Edited by Moncada
  • Love 1

• raBBit unpinned this topic