White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal

raBBit

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Only one of them out of three was actually pissed, the other two seemed like they were already justifying why there was lack of spending on the organization end. I can’t remember their names.

I'm listening to it right now. They all have the same concerns. 

2 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Yet he WAS the starter in the playoffs.  And will be the starter opening day.  Not bc of injuries, but bc they signed him as a starter 

No he’s starting opening day because TA is suspended. Are you reading any of the posts or you just don’t care?

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, Moncada said:

Yet he WAS the starter in the playoffs.  And will be the starter opening day.  Not bc of injuries, but bc they signed him as a starter 

He was the starter for a couple playoff games because Cesar Hernandez sucked balls in a Sox uni and Madrigal got hurt.  Not complicated stuff.  

He will also be a starter on Opening Day - at SS.  Becuase TA is suspended.  The Sox will acquire a 2B.  Relax dude.  Have a dab or something. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You paid so close of attention to this that you are saying a guy who wasn't even on the playoff roster should have started.  Solid work here. 

Yes I would have preferred Romy as a starter every day down the stretch and if he did well then let him start the playoffs.   He never had a chance and Leury stunk up the joint worse than Romy would have 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He just put up 2 fWAR in about 2/3 of a season at bats, so that would indicate he's very much a serviceable bench piece.  And he isn't the starter.  He wasn't the starter last year (they literally acquired Cesar so he wouldn't be), and he's not going to be in 22 either (Fegan has confirmed as such). 

FWIW Fegan relayed what the Sox told him. Fact of fiction or something in between, you decide. 

Just now, Moncada said:

Yes I would have preferred Romy as a starter every day down the stretch and if he did well then let him start the playoffs.   He never had a chance and Leury stunk up the joint worse than Romy would have 

Wait, Leury with the go-ahead homer in game 3, stunk?

• Thanks 1

The money will be spent.

ONE day during one of these insane offseason signing weeks, we will actually ink someone to be excited about.

Wakes up to refresh SoxTalk, of course it’s Leury, even though the majority of projections the last couple of weeks didn’t have him on their future roster.

TLR cannot be denied. 

Looking forward to Wainright and Molina in 2-3 seasons.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

He was the starter for a couple playoff games because Cesar Hernandez sucked balls in a Sox uni and Madrigal got hurt.  Not complicated stuff.  

He will also be a starter on Opening Day - at SS.  Becuase TA is suspended.  The Sox will acquire a 2B.  Relax dude.  Have a dab or something. 

You realize he has started something like 6 of the 7 playoff games the last 2 seasons.  Not a couple 

I so hope I'm wrong and they sign a RF and 2B bc if not its the same horrific team in the field giving extra AB's to teams and throwing the ball around for little league home runs 

Just now, Moncada said:

You realize he has started something like 6 of the 7 playoff games the last 2 seasons.  Not a couple 

I so hope I'm wrong and they sign a RF and 2B bc if not its the same horrific team in the field giving extra AB's to teams and throwing the ball around for little league home runs 

he was injured in 2020, so you are wrong. Great schtick.

Romy Gonzalez and his 68 OPS+ was going to out do Leury Garcia and his 96 OPS+, and get shoved into a starting playoff role.  Even in the playoffs Garcia put up an OPS which was 100 points more than Gonzalez put up in garbage time September ideally chosen ABs.

Well maybe if the guys who were supposed to start didn’t get injured so often, then he wouldn’t get as much playing time

4 minutes ago, Moncada said:

You ARE aware that Leary hit .337 in Sep/Oct, right?

• raBBit unpinned this topic