raBBit

White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

How is his OBP?

.316/.303/.310/.317/.335

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

This is your something for the next two months!  😁

Hey they have been negotiating today and are right now. Hope the talks turn out good. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Because I'd rather use the 7 million (if 20 million is really what he gets) elsewhere with a team that clearly doesn't like to spend money.  Why is that hard to understand?

So if he gets $15M over 3 years its a great move, but $20 over 3 the sky is falling?  That is a difference $1.675M a year.  Less than 1% of the Sox projected 2022 payroll. Absolute chump change for a big league team. All things being equal, I too would prefer 3/$15M over 3/$20M.  But its negligible and the Sox aren't signing Leury to play RF or 2B everyday - two positions they are certain to still fill before Opening Day, 

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Leury has a career 76 wRC+ against RHP.  Yes he was solid last year, but he’s got a ways to go to prove he’s anything but a token “switch hitter”.

Fair.  Romy also has a long way to go to prove he is even a major leaguer.  So there's that.  He's also still in the org.  

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Given that multiple beat writers are saying that Garcia is back as a super sub, I will reserve judgment. 

However.......

Spaceballs Do Something GIFs | Tenor

Beat writers have a transactional relationship with teams where there us often a "price" to get info...

40 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do people want Joc after last season?

He's Good Luck....just look at the last 2 World Series winners....coincidence?....I think not.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

NSC said otherwise. 

Not Steve Cishek is a troll and doesn't know anything that any clued in Sox fan doesn't know. 

• Like 4

Leary is a good signing. Versatility is key here and we know he can play everywhere on the diamond

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Scott Merkin doing the company work. 

At least he gets to participate now.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So if he gets $15M over 3 years its a great move, but $20 over 3 the sky is falling?  That is a difference $1.675M a year.  Less than 1% of the Sox projected 2022 payroll. Absolute chump change for a big league team. All things being equal, I too would prefer 3/$15M over 3/$20M.  But its negligible and the Sox aren't signing Leury to play RF or 2B everyday - two positions they are certain to still fill before Opening Day, 

I would only sign him for 3/12 I stated earlier.  Otherwise I'd let him walk and figure out the utility role with someone else

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So if he gets $15M over 3 years its a great move, but $20 over 3 the sky is falling?  That is a difference $1.675M a year.  Less than 1% of the Sox projected 2022 payroll. Absolute chump change for a big league team. 

But it isn't chump change for THIS big league team. 

Or have you forgotten when they folded like a cheap suit with Machado but were willing to spend money to bring in his friends?

Point is, a franchise this cheap needs to conserve every dollar for maximum impact, especially when they've underestimated the market already.

I'm waiting patiently for multiple left handed savages and no Leury ain't one of them. Neither is Segura.

Have a feeling it's for way too much money.  This is the most White Sox shit ever.  Hahn saying to the Tigers, hey, I can sign big time players too!

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Scott Merkin doing the company work. 

At least he gets to participate now.

Let's relive that highlight......

• Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Just no imagination by this team.  Zero.  

That's certainly true in general.  Most of the trades and many signings prove that.
But Leury can play SS and CF (and 2b, 3b, LF and RF).  Shouldn't need any other utility players on this roster.

Just cause he CAN play the OF doesn’t mean he should. He looks like a fucking little leaguer chasing fly balls. 

47 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I'd put the over under at $20m.

Under.

Leury was on fire at the end of the season. He deserves it even though some of you are against the signing. He’s versatile and a good utility player. This means Romy and Mendick will not be used if it‘s not necessary and if they need to use them than you know something isn’t going right.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Leury was on fire at the end of the season. He deserves it even though some of you are against the signing. He’s versatile and a good utility player. This means Romy and Mendick will not be used if it‘s not necessary and if they need to use them than you know something isn’t going right.

If that playoff expansion happens, I'm bettin we'll see plenty of Romy and Mendick during the regular season.

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

OMG World Series !!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Well if Bernie Pleskoff says so, it must be true.

13 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Leary is a good signing. Versatility is key here and we know he can play everywhere on the diamond

Timothy Leary's dead.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1