Cesar Hernandez to Nationals, $4M

bmags

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Thankfully we have one but yes I don’t believe there is a LH or SH 2B available anymore

Japan or Korea?

Coverting Suzuki sounds like more likely than Vaughn or Burger, lol...Mark Teahen still available?  D'Angelo Jimenez?   I do draw the line at Wil Cordero.

They can peddle Kimbrel to the Padres for either Kim or Profar.

That actually sounds like a fair deal for both sides, in terms of the financial ramifications.

Maybe not so much now with Leury also on board, though.

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Worst Sox trade since Tatis. Not even exaggerating. Absolute loser player 👎

What? It wasn't even the worst trade Hahn made that week.

07/29/21 Cleveland Indians traded 2B Cesar Hernandez to Chicago White Sox for LHP Konnor Pilkington.
07/30/21 Chicago Cubs traded RHP Craig Kimbrel to Chicago White Sox for 2B Nick Madrigal and RHP Codi Heuer.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Kimbrel an early entrant in the race to be HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED II.

For some reason, Semien never managed to be so controversial....mostly the time lapse from trade to 2/3 Top Five MVP finishes.

Kimbrel was questionably and most likely bad at first.
Semien was understandable bad after a few months.

He who shall not be named was deplorable and legit could have been a fireable offense.

Oh well - it’s all long gone now. 😭 

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What? It wasn't even the worst trade Hahn made that week.

07/29/21 Cleveland Indians traded 2B Cesar Hernandez to Chicago White Sox for LHP Konnor Pilkington.
07/30/21 Chicago Cubs traded RHP Craig Kimbrel to Chicago White Sox for 2B Nick Madrigal and RHP Codi Heuer.

I liked the Kimbrel trade for the aggressiveness and still do. It didn’t work out but what are ya gonna do🤷🏼‍♂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I liked the Kimbrel trade for the aggressiveness and still do. It didn’t work out but what are ya gonna do🤷🏼‍♂

I hear you. Said it sort of made sense if they planned on moving Kopech to a starting role. Just think Kimbrel was gassed at that point, should be OK this year.

That said, Pilkington wasn't a big loss whereas the Sox could have used Heuer last or this/future years, and flipped Madrigal for something else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I hear you. Said it sort of made sense if they planned on moving Kopech to a starting role. Just think Kimbrel was gassed at that point, should be OK this year.

That said, Pilkington wasn't a big loss whereas the Sox could have used Heuer last or this/future years, and flipped Madrigal for something else.

Yea that’s really the only thing that sucks about it. That we could have used those chips,in hindsight, for a much better player but it is what it is. Hopefully the Sox bullpen is nails this coming season and they don’t have to overpay for an arm again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The trade was well-intended:  2b was a need and he was playing well and the price wasn't exorbitant.  
Kimbrel trade was much worse.

Agreed. Trade was fine - tho they should have aimed higher. I’m not worried about Pilkington at all. But holy shit, Cesar was unlikeable in every way.