MiLB Rule 5 on Wed

southsider2k5

• bmags pinned this topic

My guess:

Nathan Perry, C Astros 

Youth and upside are two qualities generally lacking in the MiLB Rule 5 Draft, but the 21-year-old Perry could provide both. After breaking out in 2019 with short-season Tri-City, Perry’s numbers came back down to earth in 2021. He still hit .220/.321/.385 with 19 extra-base hits in 51 games, but he struggled to rediscover the power in 2019 when he slugged .462 with a .218 isolated slugging. He showed average bat-to-ball skills exemplified by his 73.3% contact rate, but his heavy rate of fly ball contact drove down his batting average on balls in play. He still flashes above-average raw power in games, it’s just a matter of getting to it with more consistency. An average framer, blocker and thrower, Perry has an average foundation of catching skills that should allow him to stick behind the plate long term.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Angel Sanchez I want to say? I think we took him in the MLB portion.

That's correct.  Was thinking it was the MiLB portion, but it wasn't.  What's wild is a team wasn't even willing to put Fulmer on their 40 man roster AND their 38 man triple A roster. 

Just now, ron883 said:

Nobody is a bigger Yermin stan than I am. His reputation is shot. Nobody wants to deal with that manchild. 

His attitude and his 0-fer a month are both bright red flags.  You never know though, sometimes guys are able to figure out how to reign themselves in. 

im sure this guy can reign himself in

29E534A9-671D-4188-8544-1B36154D9386.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

His attitude and his 0-fer a month are both bright red flags.  You never know though, sometimes guys are able to figure out how to reign themselves in. 

im sure this guy can reign himself in

29E534A9-671D-4188-8544-1B36154D9386.jpeg

People would have overlooked the ego if he had kept hitting, but he didn't do that either.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's correct.  Was thinking it was the MiLB portion, but it wasn't.  What's wild is a team wasn't even willing to put Fulmer on their 40 man roster AND their 38 man triple A roster. 

So would the setup be that Fulmer was eligible to declare himself a free agent but passed, leaving himself renewed with the Tigers?