BA releases White Sox Top 10 prospects

Sleepy Harold

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Before a bunch of people inevitably asks you, I'll get it out of the way even though I know the answer:

If the new Tatis is such a stud, can't the Sox just rescind their offers to the current signees and just sign him? 

Also why are they only signing him because he is a Tatis?  ;)

8 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I hate you. 

😂 fair man, fair.

For context in case any insane person doesn't take the hint: This got asked a lot during the Colas stuff last year when MLB shifted signing dates around. Going to current signees and saying "nah we take it back so we can sign another dude" would basically kill future negotiations because it's a douchey thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, rockren said:

I'd normally agree with this assessment and your pessimism is fair, but Yo hadn't played for two years prior to his minor league debut.  He also entered the season with a shoulder injury that limited him to DH duties early in the season.  Add that into him having to acclimate himself to another country- he had a lot to deal with.

You're right on his big league tools...and I think he's going to show that immediately this spring.  If he explodes in AA to start the year I don't think he'll be in the minors very long.  I'd actually put Yo as the WSox top prospect as I feel he'll be making his case to be their RF by late May if they don't splash via trade or in FA.

If Cespedes is the Sox RF by May 2022, some things have gone horribly wrong.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4