FS: 2021-2022 International Preview

Y2Jimmy0

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Y2Jimmy0 said Colas may be stateside. I was really hoping that would be case. For him, had to be a tough choice but he would have been potentially sacrificing ever getting a mlb pay day getting so far behind the ball.

He’s got to be eager to get his professional career started here and I honestly think it’s a good bet for him.  The quicker he can get to the show, the longer the leash they will give him at the major league level.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Y2Jimmy0 said Colas may be stateside. I was really hoping that would be case. For him, had to be a tough choice but he would have been potentially sacrificing ever getting a mlb pay day getting so far behind the ball.

While the extra tax on the $2.7 million could be a hit,  I don't know the tax law herw,it isn't the hit Robert was looking at. I don't really follow these guys much, but since the pools have come into place, don't most these guys come over the year the got their checks?

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

While the extra tax on the $2.7 million could be a hit,  I don't know the tax law herw,it isn't the hit Robert was looking at. I don't really follow these guys much, but since the pools have come into place, don't most these guys come over the year the got their checks?

Vera just stayed last year, so it was the concern. I can’t speak to particulars, mainly was concerned because it kept happening with every Cuban prospect (Sanchez, Robert, Vera). 

With Colas’ age though it just seemed like an awful idea

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

Vera just stayed last year, so it was the concern. I can’t speak to particulars, mainly was concerned because it kept happening with every Cuban prospect (Sanchez, Robert, Vera). 

With Colas’ age though it just seemed like an awful idea

I wonder if it has anything to do with there being a small chance of him making it to Chicago this year if everything goes right.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with there being a small chance of him making it to Chicago this year if everything goes right.

The pessimist/conspiracist in me wonders if the club has an all replacement player team on the white board somewhere. 

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's still pretty significant. I reported on it this week on twitter. He's getting $2.7 million. If he comes to the U.S., he pays taxes in both countries and it'd be a minimum of $950K. That's a pretty big dent. Sounds like it might not matter though which is good for his career and good for the club.