FS: 2021-2022 International Preview

Y2Jimmy0

53 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Your sample size is zero.  Look I have no idea how many people we are going to sign, but I don't know why the assumption is that this will be our worst class ever.

Never said anything about worst, in fact I said this:

On 1/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, bmags said:

I am very excited about this class. I think this is going to be special.

I am pointing out that our classes have rarely been much different in volume than what was initially reported from Badler. Right now it's at 3. So if it's 4 or 5, that still leaves this as a very small class. My issue with this is it would make more sense with the way Shirley is drafting by going after 2-3 key draft targets to bring in volume with intl, instead they are both going after smaller classes.

I have no doubt that some additional transactions will occur (as with Bailey, Guzman, Rodriguez), but with an additional six months I don't understand why we are being so conservative with our budgets.

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Never said anything about worst, in fact I said this:

I am pointing out that our classes have rarely been much different in volume than what was initially reported from Badler. Right now it's at 3. So if it's 4 or 5, that still leaves this as a very small class. My issue with this is it would make more sense with the way Shirley is drafting by going after 2-3 key draft targets to bring in volume with intl, instead they are both going after smaller classes.

I have no doubt that some additional transactions will occur (as with Bailey, Guzman, Rodriguez), but with an additional six months I don't understand why we are being so conservative with our budgets.

I think the evidence is really heavy that the Sox are WAY more comfortable waiting for the inevitable Cuban exile to pop up, than allocating millions to 13 or 14 year olds.

22 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think the evidence is really heavy that the Sox are WAY more comfortable waiting for the inevitable Cuban exile to pop up, than allocating millions to 13 or 14 year olds.

Do you think we are holding money or the signings just haven't been announced?  I figure if we had 1 million available, Prieto would be in our system.

Dodgers with 30!??!  Where do they play all of them?  Is it just two DSL teams?  Do they churn and burn a lot of prospects ?  

30 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Do you think we are holding money or the signings just haven't been announced?  I figure if we had 1 million available, Prieto would be in our system.

Dodgers with 30!??!  Where do they play all of them?  Is it just two DSL teams?  Do they churn and burn a lot of prospects ?  

More trade chips.

37 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I would guess some signings haven't been announced.  Our classes are always small, but I expect it to be more than 3.

21 minutes ago, Quin said:

Does anyone have any grades for Uribe Jr?

I don't know how anyone can put major league grades on a 16 yr old.  If they do they're double or even triple projecting which is risky as hell or just flat out guessing which is most likely. It's hard enough to project 18-21 year olds but 16 yr olds.  Fuggedaboutit 

32 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't know how anyone can put major league grades on a 16 yr old.  If they do they're double or even triple projecting which is risky as hell or just flat out guessing which is most likely. It's hard enough to project 18-21 year olds but 16 yr olds.  Fuggedaboutit 

I think people are just wondering if this is like getting excited about Enoy Jimenez signing or if he is well thought of.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So should we be worried that the class hasn't been announced yet and NOTHING has been said about it?  We have baseball media with literally nothing to do right now, yet no one is asking this question publicity.

Wasn’t it like weeks before they made Vera official? Like even ST?

I know they think nobody cares about a bunch of 16 year old kids but to me it builds up the impression that INTL is an after thought for the org.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

Wasn’t it like weeks before they made Vera official? Like even ST?

I know they think nobody cares about a bunch of 16 year old kids but to me it builds up the impression that INTL is an after thought for the org.

But the rest of the class was out there. A week later and NOTHING.  And no media even cares.