**Spider-man: NWH-SpoilerVerse thread**

Brian

It's hard to quantify what I just saw.   Seeing all three spiderman attacking at once, the personality quirks of each character, Willem fucking Dafoe and Alfred Molina effortlessly stepping back into their characters 20 years later.  What a fucking movie 

One problem is that Tom Holland (and his significant other) gets lost in the redemption arc for the careers of Tobey Maguire and particularly Andrew Garfield.

Spoiler

Does that mean we can now go back in time and cure Thanos?

It felt like a bit too much fan service…but what can one realistically expect at this point?  

And why would the equivalent of Alex Jones consistently get their news updates in bright lights at Times Square?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

And why would the equivalent of Alex Jones consistently get their news updates in bright lights at Times Square?

Why do you think he’s the equivalent of Alex Jones? There’s live news on in Times Square when there’s a big story.

It’s the Daily Bugle. Not infowars

35 minutes ago, Brian said:

Why do you think he’s the equivalent of Alex Jones? There’s live news on in Times Square when there’s a big story.

It’s the Daily Bugle. Not infowars

Oh he’s for sure playing the Alex Jones role. They even snuck in him shilling some bullshit supplement, which was really funny. 

But with that said….are we really complaining and poking holes in him being played in Times Square? It’s a movie with a Lizard scientist, a guy made of sand, wizards, etc…I mean come on. 

Give it a rest @caulfield12

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The daily bugle was basically a NY Post tabloid magazine bent on sensationalizing spiderman , J Jonah is just doing his thing on tv now that's all

Right, but this is a “different” J Jonah than we saw in the Rami films. Same actor obviously, but I thing the DB and J Jonah and more InfoWars style in the Tom Holland/MCU universe, so it seems. 

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

Right, but this is a “different” J Jonah than we saw in the Rami films. Same actor obviously, but I thing the DB and J Jonah and more InfoWars style in the Tom Holland/MCU universe, so it seems. 

Oh I agree, I just think they are playing it as the natural progression of JJJ.  This is what he would be doing nowadays.  

i just can't stop thinking about how Garfield needs another run.  He is still a great spiderman/Peter Parker 

23 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Oh I agree, I just think they are playing it as the natural progression of JJJ.  This is what he would be doing nowadays.  

i just can't stop thinking about how Garfield needs another run.  He is still a great spiderman/Peter Parker 

Agreed.  I was upset that they tore that universe down just as they were setting up the sinister six.   Plus any universe that had Emma Stone in it, works for me.  

Edited by southsideirish71

24 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Agreed.  I was upset that they tore that universe down just as they were setting up the sinister six.   Plus any universe that had Emma Stone in it, works for me.  

There is a lot to dislike about ASM2, but it's not as bad as it was perceived, it just rushed a lot of things unnecessarily.  They can slip back into it with zero issues if Garfield is game for it.  Personally I think the multiverse opening up right now makes a perfect excuse for Emma Stone SpiderGwen crossing paths with Garfield Spiderman

On 12/19/2021 at 7:23 AM, Kyyle23 said:

The daily bugle was basically a NY Post tabloid magazine bent on sensationalizing spiderman , J Jonah is just doing his thing on tv now that's all

In the comics JJJ and the Bugle always danced a fine line, especially when Ben Urich was around (which is definitely not possible now that Daredevil is canon).

JJJ definitely had runs where he was more akin to the Daily News/NY Times, but he hated masked vigilantes - he respected guys like Cap and Iron Man who were heroes out in the open. I feel like if they went with that angle, it'd have a lot more nuance than Alex Jones, MCU style. But with all this movie had to juggle, that's a lot to toss in.