All I Want For Christmas

Flash

On 12/27/2021 at 8:16 AM, ChiSox59 said:

Jeff McNeil is really good. I don’t want to trade Crochet, but have to give to get and Sox seem committed to him being a reliever so it’s probably a deal I make. 

With the way we handled Crochet (never be a starter), his value is certainly limited to me.

28 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

With the way we handled Crochet (never be a starter), his value is certainly limited to me.

Right.  I like him alot and would prefer not to trade him.  McNeil is a guy I would probably trade him for.  It hurts our pen though, for sure.  

Best case scenario - the Sox use Crochet like they did Kopech last year.  Get him up to 80-100 innings and he takes some spot starts during the summer.  He's in rotation in 2023, albeit maxed around 150 IP.  Then you have him for 24-26 ideally a TOR starter.  Its a lot to give up.  Typing this out is making me talk myself out of it.  But he's also an arm injury in the next 18 months away from never being a SP.  You definitely trade those guys.  Problem for me is if he has a dominant season in 22 doing what I mention above, you can get alot more than McNeil for him next winter.  

Idunno.  I'd certainly try to get McNeil without Crochet (and definitely without Vaughn), but just don't see how that's possible unless Mets are desperate enough to shed $ that we could take a bad contract with him.  

For me, this offseason still predicates on Conforto.  Sign Conforto, and I am largely unconcerned about 2B. Conforto + McNeil is a dream, but its also probably overkill in this division.  Keep Crochet if you have Conforto, go grab Villar or some shit on the cheap and go to battle.   

• Like 1