Gift Haul - Whatcha get?

Texsox

Probably the gift I didn't know I needed but love is a wifi enabled photo frame. I'm loving my kids adding pictures. I'm going to get one for my parents. Close behind that my son has gradually outfitted my PC with high end peripherals and I'm back to using it more. 

The gift I gave that I feel the best about was setting up an investment account for my son and his partner. He needed a nudge in that direction because they decided not to buy a home and they were basically just saving a little bit. It sounds more morbid than it actually is but I have a list of things to do so I can die happy. Seeing that he's financially secure helps with that. His partner said she was equally happy because she is the saver and he's the spender.  

On 12/28/2021 at 2:50 PM, Texsox said:

Probably the gift I didn't know I needed but love is a wifi enabled photo frame. I'm loving my kids adding pictures. I'm going to get one for my parents. 

The gift I gave that I feel the best about was setting up an investment account for my son and his partner.  

I told my wife a few days ago we should get the photo frame for my parents since we live across the country. Probably won’t wait a year.

I found two really cool house decorations for my wife at an antique store. I found a ceramic hippo she wanted. She has been looking for one because supposedly they are good luck - whatever. I also bought a statue of dog made out of various scraps of metal that somehow looks exactly like our boxer who died five years ago. We still talk about him all the time. She cried when she saw it.

You didn’t ask, but the best gift I ever got was the table hockey game that has the six handles on each side that move the players. I asked for it and was stunned when I got it from Santa Claus. I was 13. Thirty six years later, my nieces and nephews were playing it this Christmas.

Edited by Middle Buffalo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This year we didn't do the traditional gift thing.  The kids all have birthdays in November and December too. So instead of doing all of those presents, we packed them up for a Disney trip the week before Christmas instead.

Making memories. Greatest gift of all.