Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texsox

2022 Catch All

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Have you seen the stats of how many Chicago cops have left the force in the last handful of years. Really troublesome.

I have not seen those stats. Must be a tough job. Toughest part of it has to be the times you do catch a murderer or armed robber, carjacker and/or home invader and they are let off by the DA. That would make anybody with pride quit their job after that happened once. It's a dangerous job, police officer, and if the mayor and DA don't have your back, it's not worth the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The poor management of government in Chicago, Cook, Illinois is coming to a boiling point.

Police Officers are leaving in droves and there is now a real shortage.  Anyone over the age of 50 is contemplating leaving the force.  Chicago has effectively defunded the police by promoting and hiring incompetent leadership in the Police Department which has created a void of real leadership among officers.

While comparatively speaking crime numbers may be down it is the fact that crime is no longer localized that is becoming the issue.  The city gentrified amazingly from 1990 to 2020 and now it is quickly unwinding. 

Damn. This is a great post but scary. Harry do you feel safe on a daily/weekly basis living your everyday life in the city? Any new concerns or precautions the past couple years? Can you explain with all the problems in Chicago that Foxx wins elections and Lightfoot assuredly will win reelection? Are people noticing???

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I have not seen those stats. Must be a tough job. Toughest part of it has to be the times you do catch a murderer or armed robber, carjacker and/or home invader and they are let off by the DA. That would make anybody with pride quit their job after that happened once. It's a dangerous job, police officer, and if the mayor and DA don't have your back, it's not worth the risk. 

This is as of October 2021.

20220511_075844.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The exodus of police is frightening. I'm expecting the next mayor elect will be a tough on crime candidate, possibly an ex-cop like the new NYC mayor.

Edited by ron883

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ron883 said:

The exodus of police is frightening. I'm expecting the next mayor elect will be a tough on crime candidate, possibly an ex-cop like the new NYC mayor.

Ron, are u serious? Lightfoot will win again. Chicago is like so many cities in the country. That 'D' next to her name assures victory. Just like in say, Kansas, the 'R' almost always assures victory.

And no other 'D' is going to beat her out or the nomination.

If Foxx was voted in again they'll vote any 'D' in. What Foxx has done to that poor city is so sad. Hard to believe a couple politicians can have so much influence on people's lives in a once-stellar city.

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. Slow day at work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Lol. Slow day at work? 

 

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Research? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2022 at 12:39 PM, Texsox said:

Research? 

The violence has forced this billionaire to abandon Chicago. Turns out his car got jacked. Keep it rolling Ms. Foxx and Ms. Lightfoot. Geez.

What a pleasant comment from Griffin: "“I’ve had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I’ve had a colleague stabbed on the way to work. Countless issues of burglary. I mean, that’s a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from.”

https://conservativebrief.com/chicagos-64093/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD

p.s. I guess greg really is trolling. examples of violence day after day. Sickens me.

I guess Lori will say don't let the door hit you on the way out. Uh, Griffin allegedly is a huge political contributor in Illinois, to both parties. He also has made huge donations to parks and museums in Chicago. As a good citizen he had to dodge the bullets so to speak. Bye bye.

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bless your heart G but we know you're smart enough to understand the root causes of crime, things like poverty, inequality, mental and physical health care, are issues throughout the world, not just Chicago. 

You ought to read some newspapers from around the country. There are still some in business and they have excellent digital presence. I'm certain there are even a few in Kansas. But if your you persist I'll play another round of character improv.

Crime is everywhere except Kansas where you can carry a gun without a license. Get yourself endowed then blaze away. I got everything from some black powder to a MR BFR .45 with me. I'll swing by and we'll find something that will have you cruising through your old neighborhood with the doors unlocked, windows down, and a don't fuck with me smirk behind your mask. Every bagman in the neighborhood will be running to you for protection. Every street walker will be begging for a ride.

Or you could just stop finding every negative article from the city you can find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, greg775 said:

The violence has forced this billionaire to abandon Chicago. Turns out his car got jacked. Keep it rolling Ms. Foxx and Ms. Lightfoot. Geez.

What a pleasant comment from Griffin: "“I’ve had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I’ve had a colleague stabbed on the way to work. Countless issues of burglary. I mean, that’s a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from.”

https://conservativebrief.com/chicagos-64093/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD

p.s. I guess greg really is trolling. examples of violence day after day. Sickens me.

I guess Lori will say don't let the door hit you on the way out. Uh, Griffin allegedly is a huge political contributor in Illinois, to both parties. He also has made huge donations to parks and museums in Chicago. As a good citizen he had to dodge the bullets so to speak. Bye bye.

For a city with a significantly higher crime rate than Chicago.  But troll on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

For a city with a significantly higher crime rate than Chicago.  But troll on.

You think that guy wanted to move his company to Florida? The violence he experienced first hand forced his hand. The guy was a philanthropist to Chicago as well. Not something to shrug off but something to lament if you love this great city of Chicago.

Very sad day; 5 month old kid shot and killed in car last night. 20 more dead in weekend violence so far.

From Gianno Caldwell today on Twitter regarding another death: "Yesterday was the worst day of my existence. I received a call informing me that my teenage baby brother was murdered on the south side of Chicago. Never could I have imagined my baby brother’s life would be stolen from him 😭. Please keep my family in your prayers."

Devastating. Sad. Heartbreaking.

Also another store abandoning a Chicago neighborhood. Watch the nbc video!! Crime is the reason!!! Law and order and taxes define whether people want to live in cities or not. Can't see moving into a neighborhood without some shopping options as well. At this rate, the bad guys are doing a good job of wrecking Chicago. Re-elect those public officials, Chicagoans, really working well for this embattled city. How can some of these politicians live with themselves? Leadership is needed now.

Only way to get politicians accountable is to google Chicago every single day and point out these atrocious happenings. Sad thing is the odds are the most egregious politicans in this great city will be re-elected. And whether peeps want to believe it or not, do a daily google on businesses leaving Chicago. It's not fake. Aldi in this clip cited crime, a need to protect employees, as the reason for the closure.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-loose-month-girl-killed-sitting-car-chicago/story?id=85737679

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/abrupt-closure-of-auburn-gresham-aldi-store-stuns-community/2864632/

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You think that guy wanted to move his company to Florida? The violence he experienced first hand forced his hand. The guy was a philanthropist to Chicago as well. Not something to shrug off but something to lament if you love this great city of Chicago.

Very sad day; 5 month old kid shot and killed in car last night. 20 more dead in weekend violence so far.

From Gianno Caldwell today on Twitter regarding another death: "Yesterday was the worst day of my existence. I received a call informing me that my teenage baby brother was murdered on the south side of Chicago. Never could I have imagined my baby brother’s life would be stolen from him 😭. Please keep my family in your prayers."

Devastating. Sad. Heartbreaking.

Also another store abandoning a Chicago neighborhood. Watch the nbc video!! Crime is the reason!!! Law and order and taxes define whether people want to live in cities or not. Can't see moving into a neighborhood without some shopping options as well. At this rate, the bad guys are doing a good job of wrecking Chicago. Re-elect those public officials, Chicagoans, really working well for this embattled city. How can some of these politicians live with themselves? Leadership is needed now.

Only way to get politicians accountable is to google Chicago every single day and point out these atrocious happenings. Sad thing is the odds are the most egregious politicans in this great city will be re-elected. And whether peeps want to believe it or not, do a daily google on businesses leaving Chicago. It's not fake. Aldi in this clip cited crime, a need to protect employees, as the reason for the closure.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-loose-month-girl-killed-sitting-car-chicago/story?id=85737679

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/abrupt-closure-of-auburn-gresham-aldi-store-stuns-community/2864632/

Actually,  I do.  The difference in taxes is why.  The crime trope is BS that is false statistically.  I thought facts matteted in your industry?  Maybe this is why no one trusts you all anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Actually,  I do.  The difference in taxes is why.  The crime trope is BS that is false statistically.  I thought facts matteted in your industry?  Maybe this is why no one trusts you all anymore. 

Do you agree crime is a problem in Chicago? Do you agree businesses are leaving and those leaving is a problem regarding the future of Chicago? Do you think it is a problem that DA Foxx and others nationwide are trending toward "allowing" crime and criminals are emboldened?

I just sense we are totally on a different page here. I'm just wondering how anybody could think everything is dandy in Chicago? It'd be nice to see if you actually think all is well in Chicago? Just trying to figure out how anybody could not be concerned about this stuff that I'm posting about.

If Chicago is doing great as your stats suggest then maybe I should reverse my stance and sing the praises of Chicago and adopt the position that all is well. Hard to believe two individuals can be so diametrically opposed.

I guess your stat sheets are telling you things are OK in the Windy City. Frankly that shocks me but if you are right and Chicago is fine, then I guess I should be happy. Peace.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-prosecutors-flee-droves-amid-soft-crime-policies-burdensome-state-reforms

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Do you agree crime is a problem in Chicago? Do you agree businesses are leaving and those leaving is a problem regarding the future of Chicago? Do you think it is a problem that DA Foxx and others nationwide are trending toward "allowing" crime and criminals are emboldened?

I just sense we are totally on a different page here. I'm just wondering how anybody could think everything is dandy in Chicago? It'd be nice to see if you actually think all is well in Chicago? Just trying to figure out how anybody could not be concerned about this stuff that I'm posting about.

If Chicago is doing great as your stats suggest then maybe I should reverse my stance and sing the praises of Chicago and adopt the position that all is well. Hard to believe two individuals can be so diametrically opposed.

I guess your stat sheets are telling you things are OK in the Windy City. Frankly that shocks me but if you are right and Chicago is fine, then I guess I should be happy. Peace.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-prosecutors-flee-droves-amid-soft-crime-policies-burdensome-state-reforms

I think changing the subject here doesn't get you off the hook for your lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think changing the subject here doesn't get you off the hook for your lies.

Not sure what u are saying. I link some stories on crime to prove my problems and concern for my city. Chicago. Not sure what I've done wrong here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like all that trolling resulted in G7 hooking himself a couple of whales.  Congratulations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Looks like all that trolling resulted in G7 hooking himself a couple of whales.  Congratulations. 

Not trolling. ... I get mad when I read my mt. greenwood patch and check the other headlines on the decay of chicago. The death of the 5 month old kid over the weekend is/was appalling. Lightfoot doesn't give a bleep. Nor does Foxx. Saddens me. Something weird is going on with these DAs across america allowing crime to go unpunished. Some say it's Soros approved and funded. Not sure why he would want the country to become a hellhole but I guess there are conspiracy reasons why he might. Does anybody know why in the hell he funds the elections of DAs who want no jails and no punishment of criminals?

Also with all these companies bailing on Chicago, you'd think people would want to try again in Chicago with a new set of politicians. I'm surprised Tex isn't more in agreement with me than disagreement.

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another non Chicago catch all topic. ...

Poor Brittney Griner has to be scared out of her mind. As much as people rip on the USA for different things, they'd be wise to look at the way things are in Russia and China and N. Korea and some other countries that are so much worse than the USA.

Greiner is facing a trial in Russia (Friday) for cannabis possession. Yahoo says "Griner could face 10 years in prison if convicted on charges of large-scale transportation of drugs. Fewer than 1% of defendants in Russian criminal cases are acquitted, and unlike in the U.S., acquittals can be overturned."

If Biden isn't going to do anything, he should put Harris in charge of this one and get Greiner out of Russian hands. Maybe it was dumb of her to have drugs in Russia but she doesn't deserve to rot in 10 years of hard time prison for this crime. She must be so scared. It's amazing how in Russia Greiner may serve very very hard time; in USA this crime would go unprosecuted considering today's non prosecution mindset.

Free Brittney somehow, Mr. Biden.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-basketball-star-griner-due-074155275.html

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2022 at 7:56 PM, Balta1701 said:

 

This is a time tested format flip trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×