Soxtalk Member Age Range

knightni

How old are you?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Soxtalk is 20 years old this year. How old are you now?

• 16 or Under
    • 17-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-54
    • 55+

47 minutes ago, oldsox said:

In 2002 I had an email dialogue with Phil Rogers, and he suggested I check out SoxTalk, which I did.  Loved it from the beginning.  Back then there were a few long gone, really good posters, Rex Hudler among them.  Back then Jason posted much more often; I wish he still did.

Phil Rodgers the sportswriter or Phil Rodgers the Pro Golfer?

I joined in March of 2004 after moving from PA to Indy. I had cable internet for the first time, knew no one in a new city so I spent plenty of time in the game threads. Now I mostly lurk but still check the site almost daily. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, almagest said:

My dad was at game 1 - definitely the better game to be at, and one of his fondest memories.

After game 1, I was thinking 4 game sweep, then came game 2 which we had a good chance of coming back to win if it wasn't for a bad call by third base coach sending Sherm Lollar home with no outs, Lollar was out was a mile and the rally fizzled.

I'm 65.  Was super active on here in 2005, and for a couple years after that, but checked out of most of the rebuild.  Been a Sox fan since 1970. Switched off the Cubs after the 1969 debacle.  So I have never given up being a Sox fan, just not as motivated to post when the team was not good.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, VAfan said:

I'm 65.  Was super active on here in 2005, and for a couple years after that, but checked out of most of the rebuild.  Been a Sox fan since 1970. Switched off the Cubs after the 1969 debacle.  So I have never given up being a Sox fan, just not as motivated to post when the team was not good.  

I'm 27, joined in 2015 right before the rebuild. Weird, I thought I was a lot more invested in these threads during the rebuild than I am now. Maybe due to covid and now the work stoppage?

On 1/4/2022 at 8:15 AM, wegner said:

I think your enthusiasm and generally positive attitude makes you 10 years younger Poppy while my negativity makes me 10 years older....so we are roughly the same Soxtalk age.  Although I do like the sound of being called a whippersnapper again. 

Positivity is good except for Covid tests. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VAfan said:

Hey same era saw the same stuff on both sides of the town. Everything remains divided and that’s fine will always be a Sox fan. Remembering  bb Richard , Carlos may, Wilbur wood and so on . Happy 65. 

I'm 50, so I'm moving  in to the old man's club. I joined Soxtalk around the start of the rebuild. I used to post on the White Sox official message board until they discontinued that. And I just never heard of Soxtalk. I used to wonder why there wasn't a good Sox message board. 

• Like 1

I am 61 years old and I am not into social media. I joined soxtalk in 2017 because the White Sox were so dismal in the late 2010's that I needed to find people who were as frustrated as I was. Misery loves company. I have enjoyed it aver since as some posts have made me laugh out loud.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 7:59 AM, wegner said:

Was a long time lurker at WSI just to get Sox news and perspective from fellow fans.  Moved over here after FlyingSock.  I just fall into the 55+ age group so does that make me "old as dirt" for the Soxtalk community?  Simply lurked around here as well until I decided to get my hands dirty and started posting during the pursuit (if that's what you could call it) of the 2 whales (Machado, Harper).  The next season I discovered the wonder and beauty of Soxtalk GameThreads and never looked back.

I remember seeing your name on WSI . in the past, i used to post quite a bit over there as Harwar, but the last few years have been difficult, with my cognitive abilities fading away . now it's all i can do to try to understand what's happening on the field.

Long time lurker and I felt compelled to reply as this thread appears to be a church confession/great way to bond w/o baseball in the near future. I submitted a few comments back when Q was known to be dealt but forgot my user info. Northsider in my late 50’s, played in college and when Santo was traded to Sox, became a Sox fan. I’m confident I know much about all MLB and the Sox, but unfortunately, if I engaged in this site as I would like to, I wouldn’t be prioritizing life. Awesome comments by many and thanks for dragging me out.

Totally random subject here but many of you reside in Illinois so maybe someone else noticed this.  I recently renewed my driver's license and noticed a change.  Toward the top, right under the red "DRIVER'S lICENSE" banner are the words: Federal Limits Apply.  Anyone have an explanation for this new phrase added to our licenses? 

1 hour ago, roto said:

Totally random subject here but many of you reside in Illinois so maybe someone else noticed this.  I recently renewed my driver's license and noticed a change.  Toward the top, right under the red "DRIVER'S lICENSE" banner are the words: Federal Limits Apply.  Anyone have an explanation for this new phrase added to our licenses? 

Yea that's random.  Does it have anything to do with the new ID we have to get for traveling next year?

4 hours ago, roto said:

Found this answer....

The notation “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY,” “NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR OFFICIAL FEDERAL PURPOSES” or a similar notation on the front or back of a state-issued driver's license indicates it does not meet the standards for the issuance and production of a compliant card under the REAL ID Act.

43 minutes ago, wegner said:

Found this answer....

The notation “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY,” “NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR OFFICIAL FEDERAL PURPOSES” or a similar notation on the front or back of a state-issued driver's license indicates it does not meet the standards for the issuance and production of a compliant card under the REAL ID Act.

Thought so.

I was in college when I started on here and now I'm damn near 40 FML

Just like a lot of others, I was on WSI but found it to be cultish and awful.  Probably got banned calling out that leathery old hag steff, although it was probably for something much, much less offensive.  Lurked on here in 2004 and signed up in January of 2005, then got to enjoy an incredible season with you weirdos.  Now I can't break the habit just yet.

Before that, I remember being on cbssportsline message boards and a couple of others.

2 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Thought so.

I was in college when I started on here and now I'm damn near 40 FML

Just like a lot of others, I was on WSI but found it to be cultish and awful.  Probably got banned calling out that leathery old hag steff, although it was probably for something much, much less offensive.  Lurked on here in 2004 and signed up in January of 2005, then got to enjoy an incredible season with you weirdos.  Now I can't break the habit just yet.

Before that, I remember being on cbssportsline message boards and a couple of others.

Still a young pup.  Lot's of WS championships in your future.

• Thanks 1