Camden Yards moving back fences

southsider2k5

Making pitchers happy, while making their hitters less happy. I'm glad that baseball still has differences in stadiums. I know it makes stats messy for number purists, but I think it adds to the charm of baseball. I remember when hockey was played on different size rinks. Teams would build their rosters around those home game ice differences. 

22 hours ago, Texsox said:

Making pitchers happy, while making their hitters less happy. I'm glad that baseball still has differences in stadiums. I know it makes stats messy for number purists, but I think it adds to the charm of baseball. I remember when hockey was played on different size rinks. Teams would build their rosters around those home game ice differences. 

When the Bears played at Wrigley they had 7  yard end zones.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 4:28 PM, Dick Allen said:

When the Bears played at Wrigley they had 7  yard end zones.

I loved watching the Bears at Wrigley, saw many games there in the late 50s and early 60s, with those temporary stands in right field you were right on top of the action. Papa Bear would squeeze 45,000 in Wrigley, 8,000 more than the baseball capacity in those days.

lxrsal9guqxv7lvdrrxw.jpg

Edited by The Mighty Mite