Burger working out at 2B

southsider2k5

17 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

https://www.soxon35th.com/sox-in-the-basement-podcast-jake-burger-enjoys-a-good-troll/

Jake Burger, the troll. Part of me wants to believe he read the horror-filled responses on Soxtalk, and realized he went too far. But a true troll would consider that a job well done.

Jake Burger sounds like one hell of a human being. I hope they keep him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

I'd say that Vaughn and/or Crochet are off the table under almost any circumstances. They are high ceiling prospects that carry limited data sets. For the present, there is little reason to think that they are moveable for anything short of a Wander Franco level prospect.  For anything less that that kind of return, as a fan, I'd hate it and think moving them would be little short of selling the future for the present.

I'm not sure the Rays would have traded Franco for the entire White Sox minor league system (at the end of the season)...Vaughn and Crochet wouldn't be enough to get it done.  Not even close.

19 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I'm not sure the Rays would have traded Franco for the entire White Sox minor league system (at the end of the season)...Vaughn and Crochet wouldn't be enough to get it done.  Not even close.

That would be the point. Vaughn and Crochet won't bring that level of talent. Therefore - you keep and develop them. Their ceilings are high enough that you don't need to go chasing guys that don't come in at Franco's level. Maybe my sardonicism was a tad obscure.

Can’t fault a young player trying to make himself more versatile in order to get his shot at the big leagues. Got to admire his determination to continue putting in the work and effort after all he went through. 

But if either Leury and Burger end up being some sort of answer at 2nd base this year, it’s a total failure on this front office.