Cease hired Boras as agent

bmags

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Should have traded him for Joc.

Can't tell you how exciting it was for me to see a white sox players name in a writers tweet.

Can't wait for this to resolve 🎷

Good for Dylan though. He seems like a guy who will enjoy Boras' metaphors.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Can't tell you how exciting it was for me to see a white sox players name in a writers tweet.

Yes. At least you know it will be a zoo once they agree to things. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

Can't wait for Boras to announce that they either agreed to a deal or are done with the Sox by saying they have ceased negotiations.

Eh, I think the Boras thing is a thing of the past. He won't get a "Home town discount" or anything like that, but I don't think him signing with Boras means he's gone. I'm hoping he stays and takes yet another step forward. He's right on the cusp of at least being considered a top of the rotation guy IMO. 

The timing makes me think he is seeking or weighing an early extension. If Cease expected to go through arbitration the cost of Boris doesn’t seem worth it. How often are we actually surprised by the results of arbitration? We don’t know the details of Cease’s deal with Boris but unless Boris is cheaper during arb years and only expensive when a player is a UFA then I think this is about extension talks