Which baseball movie has the greatest Hollywood ending?

caulfield12

https://www.mlb.com/news/pirates-2022-international-prospects?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage&partnerId=zh-20220119-530988-mlb-1-A&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20220119-530988-mlb-1-A&bt_ee=j%2BK5IBeaLYr3a8STVw9O%2FtwV8%2BOK3%2FTM21jeestcuEddIeAw%2FBquSCWVv8lkxe7A&bt_ts=1642604114972

No idea why in God's name they picked "For Love of the Game" as the third film to compare.   I guess Field of Dreams was inevitable with the Yankees/Sox game this past summer and then announcing it will be a yearly addition to the MLB schedule.

Off the top of my head, you have The Sandlot, Little Big League, The Bad News Bears, Major League (especially the first one with the suicide squeeze down the 3B line and Berenger's character collapsing after lunging for the 1B bag), Bang the Drum Slowly, Eight Men Out, Bull Durham, The Pride of the Yankees, Moneyball, 42, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battered_Bastards_of_Baseball

I found this one searching online, has really positive reviews and had never even heard of it....

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Battered is a really good watch and a true story.  Highly recommend.

Hadn't heard of this - put it on my list. Is it kid appropriate (by chance)?  I'm guessing more for adults but asking since my little one loves all things baseball.  

23 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Hadn't heard of this - put it on my list. Is it kid appropriate (by chance)?  I'm guessing more for adults but asking since my little one loves all things baseball.  

Been awhile since I have seen it.  It is listed MA.  Don't recall any nudity.  Probably some profanity but don't recall anything.  Think as a documentary it is probably fine.  Think there is some alcohol.  Now you got me wanting to rewatch.  My wife liked a lot.