Request for mods

BamaDoc

20 hours ago, Tony said:

You're in luck, it's been decided I'll be the one reviewing your application. 

Please let me know when you'd like to schedule the first interview. Late night/early morning works best for my schedule. 

Looking forward to it. Come prepared. 

This response, from 1 of 24 moderators on this site, is dripping with sarcasm and arrogance.

7 minutes ago, tray said:

This response, from 1 of 24 moderators on this site, is dripping with sarcasm and arrogance.

Which is one of the qualifying traits along with enjoying the power trip that comes with the corner office. 

Since we jettisoned SL&P the need for moderators has dropped by 83.65%. We receive very few reported posts, in fact weeks go by between them, there just isn't much modin' and adminin' to do around here so no one has been pushing to add some more help. Plus most members prefer less, not more, moderating. 

Tray, in five years you have won the day twice for having the most liked content. Including this past November. Why not focus on winning the day more often? Honestly great posters are the biggest asset to this place. Being a mod is really overrated. All you can do is occasionally delete a post or use the luxury suite at the park while hanging out with JR and the rest of the front office. Yeah, the players parties are fun at first, but eventually listening to Anderson talk about his Field of Dreams walk off for the tenth time gets boring

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, tray said:

If you were actually looking for a serious answer, there is no process.  If we think we need them, we talk amongst ourselves and throw out some names.  We haven't needed any for years now.  I am once again sorry your feelings were hurt here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tray said:

Based on this reply, I really don’t think this arrangement is going to work out. Not sure you’ll fit our “corporate culture” so to speak. 

But I was really looking forward to our interview. Please let us know if you’d like to re-consider your stance. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Based on this reply, I really don’t think this arrangement is going to work out. Not sure you’ll fit our “corporate culture” so to speak. 

But I was really looking forward to our interview. Please let us know if you’d like to re-consider your stance. 

Soxtalk corporate culture = Sarcasm & arrogance 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Texsox said:

Honestly great posters are the biggest asset to this place. Being a mod is really overrated. All you can do is occasionally delete a post or use the luxury suite at the park while hanging out with JR and the rest of the front office. 

I don't think I've ever even thought about being one here or asking... and I'm one of the longer tenured guys here. :lol:

19 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I don't think I've ever even thought about being one here or asking... and I'm one of the longer tenured guys here. :lol:

I read this and thought, wait isn't he a mod? Can you believe 17 years here?! 

• Like 1