3. Jake Burger, IF
  4. Norge Vera, RHP
  5. Jose Rodriguez, SS
  6. Wes Kath, 3B
  7. Matthew Thompson, RHP
  8. Jonathan Stiever, RHP
  9. Jared Kelley, RHP
  10. Micker Adolfo, OF

Sean Burke, Andrew Dalquist, & Bryan Ramos were in their "prospects on the rise" just outside of the Top 10.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/72289/2022-top-10-prospects-chicago-white-sox/

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

I figured this was worth starting a thread about, since people were curious

1. Colson Montgomery, SS
  2. Yoelkis Céspedes, OF
  3. Jake Burger, IF
  4. Norge Vera, RHP
  5. Jose Rodriguez, SS
  6. Wes Kath, 3B
  7. Matthew Thompson, RHP
  8. Jonathan Stiever, RHP
  9. Jared Kelley, RHP
  10. Micker Adolfo, OF

Sean Burke, Andrew Dalquist, & Bryan Ramos were in their "prospects on the rise" just outside of the Top 10.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/72289/2022-top-10-prospects-chicago-white-sox/

Wonder where Colas would/will rank?

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Are they particularly positive on Burger or extremely down on Vera (and others)?

Maybe BP is very generous relative to other publications, but their grade on Burger is positive

OFP: 55 / Above-average third baseman
Variance: Low. There’s a chance the swing-and-miss eats up some of his offensive value in the majors—and his underlying swing stats in his Southside cup of coffee weren’t great—but given the time off, some adjustment period is to be expected. —Jeffrey Paternostro   

I'm a huge Burger enthusiast, but if he can become an above-average 3rd basemen that's a ~3 win guy and would make him an immensely valuable member of the core going forward.

I find it strange to say his underlying stats weren't good when he posted the highest average average exit velo in baseball (if you lower the qualifiers to 42 PA) and had an excellent barrel rate, strong expected stats, etc. The quality of contact he displayed in the majors was high level stuff and I'd have to imagine he was doing the same all year in Charlotte.

The fact that Burger made it to the majors and didn't look like he'd never played the sport before gives him some leeway.

There can be a place for him as a backup corner infielder that could cover 2B in an emergency. Hell, we carried Lamb for half a year.

26 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

The fact that Burger made it to the majors and didn't look like he'd never played the sport before gives him some leeway.

There can be a place for him as a backup corner infielder that could cover 2B in an emergency. Hell, we carried Lamb for half a year.

I think that's the floor for him if he can stay healthy, but there is a ton of upside left in his bat, imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Burger was a high end hockey player in high school on a perennial power in st louis( CBC) that alone tells you he’s a tough kid and athletic. I saw him last year with the Sox charge a roller down the line, purposely miss tripping on the third base bag and rifle a throw to third base to get the runner. 

he barrels up the ball and showed he has power all over the field. They either need to play him or trade him for value.