Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

MiLB 2022 Catch All thread

Posted (edited)

Norge Verga was number 4 on BA's top 10 list of prospects they expect to make a big jump in 2022.

4. Norge Vera, RHP, White Sox

After dazzling in the DSL, Vera has jumped to the front of the line among White Sox pitching prospects. Vera’s assignment to the DSL was financially driven rather than based on his arm talent, and the 21-year-old should jump to one of Chicago’s Class A affiliates on Opening Day. No matter where he lands, the righthander will show off a three-pitch mix fronted by an upper-90s fastball and a pair of offspeed pitches which could be above-average when fully developed.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/10-prospects-we-expect-to-make-a-jump-in-2022/

Edited by DirtySox

On 3/3/2022 at 10:36 AM, southsider2k5 said:

I am more excited about him than anyone else in the system.

Same. 

The Sox Cuban players will be older prospects when they hit MLB though. 

Did he have an injury that I don’t remember or did he just do minimal throwing during offseason? 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Did he have an injury that I don’t remember or did he just do minimal throwing during offseason? 

Tommy John I believe.

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

TJS right at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Didn’t see this posted anywhere and thought it was Heuer at first.

It's that time of year. Bleh.

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

We won't pay you much or take care of you, but how about a historical name back!

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

We won't pay you much or take care of you, but how about a historical name back!

It's useful to me since now when a league is mentioned in a prospect podcast I will actually know which one they are talking about.

• Like 1

Spring Training Notebook:

KEEP AN EYE ON: Righthander Sean Burke started the Double-A game for the White Sox and showed a few interesting ingredients. He fronted his repertoire with a fastball that sat around 94 mph and touched 97 and backed it up with a hammer curveball in the low 80s.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/spring-training-notebook-righthander-jarlin-susana-stands-out-2021-first-rounder-creates-buzz/