Baseball America Top 30 (Actually, 40)

Y2Jimmy0

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I said a one day lineup, but he could take Eloy's spot. It's really an either/or.

Unless Ramos sprints like a madman through the minors, then sorry boys. 8 Cubans + TA.

Abreu will not be on the starting day lineup in 2023. starting 1B from 23-26 will be AV. 

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Abreu will not be on the starting day lineup in 2023. starting 1B from 23-26 will be AV. 

I made that post on April 15th and absolutely nowhere does it say "starting day lineup." A one day line up.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape for what was a suggested gimmick lineup over a month ago when we actually had good vibes about the team?

• Like 1

Just now, Quin said:

I made that post on April 15th and absolutely nowhere does it say "starting day lineup." A one day line up.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape for what was a suggested gimmick lineup over a month ago when we actually had good vibes about the team?

bent out of shape? 😂. I just wanna know where my boy AV is. He is a huge part of the future, and I found it odd. that's it.

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

I said a one day lineup, but he could take Eloy's spot. It's really an either/or.

Unless Ramos sprints like a madman through the minors, then sorry boys. 8 Cubans + TA.

Will Vera be up before Abreu retires???!

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 11:09 AM, bmags said:

So BA is doing rolling mid season updates, but there's no real indications that i could see for who moved up or down so glad this existed! I know there was an update after the quoted post above. For instance Ramos had already moved to 6 so it's more like +4, but bear with me since this was easiest. Note, I did include Colas was at 10 below, so I tried my best!!!

Here is the updated list with movement. This will be the last update. I love my BA subscription, and it includes May Updates on so many guys with the stuff we've been begging for info on including defensive comments and most importantly, velo and stuff jumps! This rolling update is new and SO SO worth it. Please consider supporting such an awesome product that I am pirating here so you can have a final taste. 

1. Colson Montgomery SS (Unchanged)
2. Bryan Ramos 3B +10 (was 11)
3. Jose Rodriguez SS +2
4. Sean Burke RHP +5
5. Norge Vera RHP -3
6. Oscar Colas OF +4
7. Yoelqui Cespedes OF -5
8. Jake Burger (hilariously listed as RHP on the site but 3B) -1
9. Romy Gonzalez SS +6
10. Wes Kath 3b -6
11. Lenyn Sosa SS/2B +6!!! (see notes below)
12. Yolbert Sanchez SS/2b +4
13. Davis Martin RHP +27 (highest jump, see notes below)
14. Jared Kelley RHP -6
15. Jason Bilous RHP -1
16. Matthew Thompson RHP -6
17. Jimmy Lambert RHP -5
18. Jonathan Stiever RHP -5
19. Christian Mena RHP +1
20. Kohl Simas RHP SEE NOTES BELOW 
21. Andrew Dalquist RHP -14
22. Erick Hernandez OF (I have to check but I believe he was just slid down from 16 since everyone moved up.)
23. Caleb Freeman RHP -2
24. Tanner MacDougal RHP -6
25. Adam Hackenberg C +5
26. Luis Mieses OF -3
27. Carlos Perez C Unranked previously
28. Yohemy Nolasco RHP (PM for an awesome tidbit)
29. Bennett Sousa LHP -3 (first lhp i've included? lol)
30. Yoelvin Silven RHP -4

I am providing a small sample of notes:

Sosa:
The power has emerged in Sosa’ s age-22 season, with his ISO jumping from .068 last year to .197 in 2022. His walk rate has also improved significantly while strikeouts have dropped. With the ability to play all three infield positions, there could be further upward movement as the season progresses.

Simas:

May Update: An undrafted free agent in 2021, Simas moved into the rotation this year at Low-A Kannapolis and is attacking hitters with a four-pitch mix including a mid-90s fastball.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1026/chicago-white-sox/organizational/#96992

The Yohemy Nolasco stuff is ❤️ . Never heard of him prior, don't even know what class he was in? He is 19 years old from the Dominican Republic.

BA says it has updated every top 30, but very little movement tbh. 

Movement below:
Lenyn Sosa +3 to 8 and I think he just replaced burger
Christian Mena +6 to 13.
Kohl Simas to 18 (+2)
Chapelli to 28
Yohemy Nolasco knocked out of top 30 (He just started pitching again, must have been injured)
Terrell Tatum up to 30

Overall there weren't nearly as many notes this time or new info, kinda bummed but the May one was pretty sweet.

• Like 1