2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t understand how this offense went from free flowing to total crap. Donovan, Derozan and Lavine got to fix this nonsense. 

Jason you need to stop posting NBA stuff in the NFL thread lol.

7 hours ago, Texsox said:

It's behind a paywall or I would link it. I just read about Steve McMichael's battle with ALS in The Athletic. Sad story. He was one of my favorites from that era. 

I read about him last year in the Chicago Tribune. Is his health unfortunately getting worse?

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

I read about him last year in the Chicago Tribune. Is his health unfortunately getting worse?

Basically it won't get better. He's at home with a feeding tube with lots of friends coming around. 

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

Stealing from coach Eberflus’ former employer was fun. But hey, they agreed to it!

IMG_5931.png

interested to see what this is about, img is broken for me.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

interested to see what this is about, img is broken for me.

It was my mock draft on pff.com. Unfortunately the image didn’t load properly:

- Traded round 2 no. 39 to the Colts for round 2 no. 42, round 4, no. 122, round five no. 159, round 5 no. 179 and round 7 no. 240.

- Drafted round 2, no. 42, Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan

- Drafted round 2, no. 48, Jalen Pitre, CB, Baylor

- Drafted round 3, no. 71, Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama

- Drafted round 4, no. 122, Kellen Diesch, T, Arizona State

- Drafted round 5, no. 148, Zach Tom, T, Wale Forest

- Drafted round 5, no. 150, Cordale Flott, CB, LSU

- Traded round 5 no. 159 for round 5 no. 161 and round 7 no. 237 to New Orleans.

- Drafted round 5, no. 161, Malcom Rodriguez, LB, Oklahoma State

- Drafted round 5, no. 179, Sterling Westherford, S, Miami (OH)

- Drafted round 6, no. 186, Eyioma Uwazurike, DE, Iowa State

- Drafted round 7, no. 237, TJ Pledger, HB, Utah

- Drafted round 7, no. 240, Decobie Durant, CB, South Carolina State

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

- Traded round 2 no. 39 to the Colts for round 2 no. 42, round 4, no. 122, round five no. 159, round 5 no. 179 and round 7 no. 240.

- Traded round 5 no. 159 for round 5 no. 161 and round 7 no. 237 to New Orleans.

Yeah these are what mine keep floating around as well so I'm waiting for more mock drafts to understand some more about those guys from a non-pff write-up view. Would really like to see if bears could convert another 3rd rounder but at least I'd hope they get a 4th rounder via trade back.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, The Beast said:

I think drafting a DT early is something that is being ignored in a lot of drafts. The free agent market for DTs is so incredibly weak that I'm calling for them to sign Solomon Thomas. I have skipped out on DTs in some of my mocks as well, but I'm really starting to think it gets addressed, perhaps in the 2nd round. 

Logan Hall is a guy I'm kinda falling for in terms of what the Bears want as a player. Dude is straight up M&M. 

4 hours ago, scs787 said:

I think drafting a DT early is something that is being ignored in a lot of drafts. The free agent market for DTs is so incredibly weak that I'm calling for them to sign Solomon Thomas. I have skipped out on DTs in some of my mocks as well, but I'm really starting to think it gets addressed, perhaps in the 2nd round. 

Logan Hall is a guy I'm kinda falling for in terms of what the Bears want as a player. Dude is straight up M&M. 

I guess it all depends on what the Bears see as their greatest need and the best available players. It seems like they do well acquiring effective defensive linemen but struggle with cornerbacks and wide receivers.

42 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I guess it all depends on what the Bears see as their greatest need and the best available players. It seems like they do well acquiring effective defensive linemen but struggle with cornerbacks and wide receivers.

New regime though and that new regimes first attempted move was to bring in a  starting 3T, so it definitely shows they view it as a need. I know Jones was brought in soon after what's his face failed the physical and that would make one believe he was the fall back to be the starter, but I'm not so sure thats true. Jones isn't the pass rusher I think they need there. 

Finally a bit of Bears news. They signed Tavon Young, a slot corner formerly of the Ravens. 

Super injury plagued career, but a lot of upside if healthy. The ravens, who are about as well respected of an organization as it comes, once made him the highest paid slot corner in the league. He played in all 16 games last year and hopefully that's a sign of things to come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

Finally a bit of Bears news. They signed Tavon Young, a slot corner formerly of the Ravens. 

Super injury plagued career, but a lot of upside if healthy. The ravens, who are about as well respected of an organization as it comes, once made him the highest paid slot corner in the league. He played in all 16 games last year and hopefully that's a sign of things to come. 

Yeah I like this one. I feel like we'll either find a diamond or he's one of those dudes that gets injured day 2 and put on PUP list and we forget we even signed em (artie burns syndrome)

Random thought... really want to want Tyler Smith to be the Bears LT.  Dude is just flat out nasty. The amount of holding calls he recorded just scares me. It may be possible that he's tooo nasty.  

I still hope they get Brown or Fisher, but Smith could at the very least be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Random thought... really want to want Tyler Smith to be the Bears LT.  Dude is just flat out nasty. The amount of holding calls he recorded just scares me. It may be possible that he's tooo nasty.  

I still hope they get Brown or Fisher, but Smith could at the very least be fun to watch. 

One thing I'll be interested to see in this is Poles targeted Orlando Brown for the Chiefs, who is an oversized tackle. But this isn't the same offense, that said does he view a guy like Daniel Faalele as capable and undervalued or does he look for completely different lineman for Getsy.

29 minutes ago, bmags said:

One thing I'll be interested to see in this is Poles targeted Orlando Brown for the Chiefs, who is an oversized tackle. But this isn't the same offense, that said does he view a guy like Daniel Faalele as capable and undervalued or does he look for completely different lineman for Getsy.

Poles spoke about getting smaller on the OL since they're moving to a wide zone blocking scheme, so if that's too be believed I would say Faalele is out of the question. 

Is Tyler Lockett a #1? 

I'm making the comp now, Byron Pringle will have a Tyler Lockett-esque career from here on out. 

Both guys are outta K State, it took Lockett a little time to really break out. Both guys are legit deep threats without huge speed. Pringle averaged 24.1 YPC at K State. He went undrafted because of troubles with the law and entered the NFL in a crowded situation in KC with 2 hall of famers in Hill/Kelce. 

I would not be upset if the Bears waited a bit longer than people want on WR in this draft. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Is Tyler Lockett a #1? 

I'm making the comp now, Byron Pringle will have a Tyler Lockett-esque career from here on out. 

Both guys are outta K State, it took Lockett a little time to really break out. Both guys are legit deep threats without huge speed. Pringle averaged 24.1 YPC at K State. He went undrafted because of troubles with the law and entered the NFL in a crowded situation in KC with 2 hall of famers in Hill/Kelce. 

I would not be upset if the Bears waited a bit longer than people want on WR in this draft. 

hope so, but just a really good slot. Lockett was so good in college though, that offense was putrid, it was all just bill snyder defense and lockett and they still couldn't stop him.

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

Is Tyler Lockett a #1? 

Bears need a lot of weapons on offense. Don’t care how they get it but they need a massive upgrade. Take two and hope one sticks…of Pringle is also very good…great…this team needs some freaking weapons and stat. Than take some more next year again. 

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bears need a lot of weapons on offense. Don’t care how they get it but they need a massive upgrade. Take two and hope one sticks…of Pringle is also very good…great…this team needs some freaking weapons and stat. Than take some more next year again. 

I don't wanna see them go too overboard here. Plenty of holes to be filled. I really like Pringle and Poles coming from the Cheifs knows him pretty well.  I also see Mooney taking another jump with the work he's put in with Fields and hopefully and improved line that allows him to work more down field. 

When the packers had the #1 offense in the league in 2020 the RBs caught 90 balls and their tight ends caught 75. I see Monty and Kmet being a big part of things in the passing game and doing really well in doing so. 

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic