2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

8 minutes ago, scs787 said:

As much as I wouldn't be a fan of it, I think the possibility exists they draft a corner just because the need and value is there. 

One name that never gets talked about, probably because he's listed as an edge, that kinda intrigues me as a 3T is Josh Pashsal. He's a little undersized weight wise, but I love what I've read about him. He's got longggg arms and great burst....He's been an after thought and perhaps still should be, but color me intrigued. Not sure I'm willing to take him at 39, but as a trade back or with their 2nd pick if they don't go 3T at 39, I'm listening. 

Eh I think using a pick on a corner is good. They are expensive and when they are cheap it’s always because they are like 5’8 or slow as molasses.

Like Pitre sounds very Flusian

5885CAEC-48A1-4E68-B130-C1880C926E84.png

46 minutes ago, bmags said:

Basically while not the biggest need, the board value right now screams Edge or Corner to me

With Cole Strange going in the 1st, it may not be a bad idea to go OG either. Dylan Pharam might not be too early a pick at 39. 

One guy that everyone loved as a late round pick that has just skyrocketed into day 2 considerations is Zach Tom. He was a guy a lot of people were mocking in the 5th that I could now see going as early as the Bears 2nd pick. I like him a lot. 

57 minutes ago, scs787 said:

With Cole Strange going in the 1st, it may not be a bad idea to go OG either. Dylan Pharam might not be too early a pick at 39. 

One guy that everyone loved as a late round pick that has just skyrocketed into day 2 considerations is Zach Tom. He was a guy a lot of people were mocking in the 5th that I could now see going as early as the Bears 2nd pick. I like him a lot. 

I always liked his writeup. He sounds like he should do well in outside zone.

38 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Corner and OL.

I don't really think OL is that big a win at 39, I think there is a good amount of interior talent through round 3 and I'm not crazy about 2nd round tackles. Had Linderbaum or Tyler Smith fell I'd be more enamored.

50 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't really think OL is that big a win at 39, I think there is a good amount of interior talent through round 3 and I'm not crazy about 2nd round tackles. Had Linderbaum or Tyler Smith fell I'd be more enamored.

Raimann is a little intriguing.  I want Duane Brown, but if they're high on Raimann and think he can play LT at a high level, I wouldn't be opposed to that being the pick.

If they really like a guard and think he fits perfectly in the system I have no issues with them taking him in the 2nd. 

I was unaware that Pickens and Fields have known each other since high school. They were in a 7 on 7 camp put on by Cam Newton. 

I've been of the opinion that the Bears don't necessarily need to spend a day 2 pick on a WR, but i do like the fact that they already have a relationship.  Pickens has character concerns so maybe Fields can keep him in check. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I was unaware that Pickens and Fields have known each other since high school. They were in a 7 on 7 camp put on by Cam Newton. 

I've been of the opinion that the Bears don't necessarily need to spend a day 2 pick on a WR, but i do like the fact that they already have a relationship.  Pickens has character concerns so maybe Fields can keep him in check. 

But no offense to you (cause I respect you opinion) but you have been delusional optimistic about the Bears wideouts including street bum signings for like 3 years. THe Bears have a horrific amount of playmakers on offense and they have a young QB. THEY absolutely need to invest in that side of the ball and big time.  Just one isn't enough and Pringle might be better than some of these people - but lets not pretend like the Chiefs were benign over backwards to keep him.  HE isn't some difference maker.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

But no offense to you (cause I respect you opinion) but you have been delusional optimistic about the Bears wideouts including street bum signings for like 3 years. THe Bears have a horrific amount of playmakers on offense and they have a young QB. THEY absolutely need to invest in that side of the ball and big time.  Just one isn't enough and Pringle might be better than some of these people - but lets not pretend like the Chiefs were benign over backwards to keep him.  HE isn't some difference maker.  

Ehhhh, I'm definitely known to be overly optimistic but I do like to back it up.  I don't recall who else I've been overly confident about and wrong about as far as wide receivers go, but I'm sure I probably have been. 

Allow me to fix my last post though. I said they don't necessarily need to spend a day 2 pick....I meant round 2. I think they can find a guy in round 3 who can contribute to what they need. 

I think your suggestion of Landry AND a 2nd round pick is a bit much. 

9 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Ehhhh, I'm definitely known to be overly optimistic but I do like to back it up.  I don't recall who else I've been overly confident about and wrong about as far as wide receivers go, but I'm sure I probably have been. 

Allow me to fix my last post though. I said they don't necessarily need to spend a day 2 pick....I meant round 2. I think they can find a guy in round 3 who can contribute to what they need. 

I think your suggestion of Landry AND a 2nd round pick is a bit much. 

They have literally garbage outside of MOoney - who may or may not even be a #1, but he is very much a #2. IT sure would be nice to have a good #3 and some other upside. Landry is basically a #3 these days and a draft pick is probably in that #2/#3 camp this season at best and than Pringle can get reps too - gives you an ability to move guys around and manage through an injury.  

I am so tired of watching them run out lousy wideout cores for as long as they have.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

They have literally garbage outside of MOoney - who may or may not even be a #1, but he is very much a #2. IT sure would be nice to have a good #3 and some other upside. Landry is basically a #3 these days and a draft pick is probably in that #2/#3 camp this season at best and than Pringle can get reps too - gives you an ability to move guys around and manage through an injury.  

I am so tired of watching them run out lousy wideout cores for as long as they have.  

100% agree.  Poles needs to add more playmakers or he is setting up Fields to fail.  I pray they are able to snag Pickens, but Skyy Moore & Christian Watson also have some ceiling.  If we settle for anything less than one of those three then I think Poles has failed in his job. And I’d like to see us add a legit veteran to the mix on top of one of those guys.  Pringle should not prevent from adding multiple pieces to our WR room.

42 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  Poles needs to add more playmakers or he is setting up Fields to fail.  I pray they are able to snag Pickens, but Skyy Moore & Christian Watson also have some ceiling.  If we settle for anything less than one of those three then I think Poles has failed in his job. And I’d like to see us add a legit veteran to the mix on top of one of those guys.  Pringle should not prevent from adding multiple pieces to our WR room.

To add to this, if Fields almost had a lost season last year under Nagy, then you go into this year with Pringle being your No. 2 WR and a questionable OL.....that's two years of development almost down the drain. At that point, can you really expect much from Fields moving forward? 

I understand Poles has to shape the entire roster, but unfortunately life isn't always fair. His No. 1 objective needs to be putting together pieces around Fields to get the most out of him and determine if he's your guy moving forward. Because if he isn't, Poles just bought himself 3-4 years to develop this roster, as they aren't going anywhere without a QB (duh) 

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Eliminate all the QB, RB, TE, LB from your best available list and draft the top guy left on the list for rounds 2-3.

I wouldn’t eliminate TE cause it’s a playmaker and I can live with two of those and than one less wideout if need be but otherwise agree. 

I want one of Watson, Pickens or Moore and am perfectly content if they get two and than just sign some vet olineman at some point - knowing a year from now they have another full set of picks and more film on some of their younger lineman. 

I don’t mind DB either. I don’t care if defense is weak as long as it’s because they focused on pieces for offense and Fields. 

I disagree there is some boundary that any WR outside of Skyy Moore, Christian Watson and Pickens that makes it a failure. There is absolutely upside in WRs that can like run routes and not have reconstructed knees and have positions and stuff.

42 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I wouldn’t eliminate TE cause it’s a playmaker and I can live with two of those and than one less wideout if need be but otherwise agree. 

I want one of Watson, Pickens or Moore and am perfectly content if they get two and than just sign some vet olineman at some point - knowing a year from now they have another full set of picks and more film on some of their younger lineman. 

I don’t mind DB either. I don’t care if defense is weak as long as it’s because they focused on pieces for offense and Fields. 

I would eliminate TE just because it's kind of a bum class. But I agree with you on Landry but I also think there is some vet upside on the street right now. Landry, Jones, OBJ, Beasley.

Also what if Cohen passes a physical in august, he'd be a nice piece for it.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I like Bo Melton a lot too but obviously you'll need a bigger receiver somewhere.

edit: I LOVE bo melton.

Same!

I'm just gonna throw this out there just to make chisoxfn mad, Byron Pringle was the tallest WR on a highly potent KC offense that Poles came from. Byron Pringle is obviously all the height you need for a successful offense....Also Kmet > Kelce. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Packers trade up for Watson

Uggh.  That was who I really really wanted. He has special #1 type of attributes, even if he is raw and has some catching issues. He's a great fit with Rodgers.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Uggh.  That was who I really really wanted. He has special #1 type of attributes, even if he is raw and has some catching issues. He's a great fit with Rodgers.  

Agreed, but he’s even higher variance than Pickens.  I really hope we take Pickens right now and don’t wait until 48.

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic