2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

I know there will be focus on the WRs, but the key to this to me is there should be no reason bears are not a top ten rushing team. The WRs they added are better at run blocking than the previous guys, who were awful. Their RB room is one of the few strong areas of the team. Their QB runs a 4.4 forty. The wide zone will hopefully help this.

45 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Middle of the pack NFL offenses or better. Not the production we saw over the last few years.

I mean, yes, I absolutely think so..I'm not sure what stats to look at here as to what you're looking for but last year the Falcons were 15th in passing yards and they had 3900 yards....the Bears had 3600....Do I think they could throw for 25 more yards per game, absolutely. 

Then when I look at the Packers weapons, who Getsy comes from and we're in the top 10 in offense, I absolutely think they can match what they did. 

Adams>>>>Mooney obviously,  but beyond that, the production you're not getting from Mooney vs Adams is gonna be made up across the board. I think ALL the Bears secondary weapons are better than the Packers secondary weapons. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know there will be focus on the WRs, but the key to this to me is there should be no reason bears are not a top ten rushing team. The WRs they added are better at run blocking than the previous guys, who were awful. Their RB room is one of the few strong areas of the team. Their QB runs a 4.4 forty. The wide zone will hopefully help this.

I absolutely agree. I hope Ebner gets some rub to. He looks like he can be a fun player to watch. I would not be surprised if he becomes the #2. 

Bears are adding Dante Pettis and Tajae Sharpe. 2 guys of mild interest who once had some promise. I remember Pettis having a good stretch his rookie year and me being happy to pick him up in fantasy football.  I also remember drafting Sharpe one year in fantasy football and thinking he was gonna be a steal..... probably just guys who will battle it out for the 4th and 5th spot with EQ and Moore. 

Dante is Gary Pettis son. 

In general I hate when people specifically let everyone know they don't like care for something in the middle of everyone discussing it...

yet...

I really don't understand they hyperventilating every year trying to figure out the nfl schedule. We already know what teams they are playing! Who cares! It's May, at this point October is only a loose, sad concept to me.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

In general I hate when people specifically let everyone know they don't like care for something in the middle of everyone discussing it...

yet...

I really don't understand they hyperventilating every year trying to figure out the nfl schedule. We already know what teams they are playing! Who cares! It's May, at this point October is only a loose, sad concept to me.

This year I only care so I can see the dates and figure out how to make a family trip of a game. Cause my kids have been bugging me a while to see the Bears. 

The over/under right now is at 6.5....I can definitely see them hitting the over. Now that might just be 7, but if I had to bet, I'd take the over. Split with Minny and Detroit, and wins against Houston, Atlanta, Miami, and a New York sweep. 

Ok so this is a fun madden scenario.

First, we treat Jason LaConfera as not wrong about everything and it gets worse.

Bears trade Quin after 6/1 when his cap hit goes down to just $4 million to one of these teams clamoring for Quinn.

They get the rumored con Miller deal of a 2nd and 3rd, but I’ll make it slightly more realistic and go 2023 2nd and a 2024 Third.

Bears then trade their 2022 and 2023 second round picks for DK Metcalf and pay him. But obviously could be 2 2nd round picks in 2023 if necessary.

Bears WR room with a bonafide #1 suddenly looks strong. Metcalf is the perfect Getsy offense #1. Big, strong and fast. Mooney moves to #2 and Pringle to the slot. St Brown and Jones the #4 and #5. Much better.

The defense becomes much more compromised, but that’s ok this year. You have top draft capital hopefully and FA for the trenches next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Ok so this is a fun madden scenario.

First, we treat Jason LaConfera as not wrong about everything and it gets worse.

Bears trade Quin after 6/1 when his cap hit goes down to just $4 million to one of these teams clamoring for Quinn.

They get the rumored con Miller deal of a 2nd and 3rd, but I’ll make it slightly more realistic and go 2023 2nd and a 2024 Third.

Bears then trade their 2022 and 2023 second round picks for DK Metcalf and pay him. But obviously could be 2 2nd round picks in 2023 if necessary.

Bears WR room with a bonafide #1 suddenly looks strong. Metcalf is the perfect Getsy offense #1. Big, strong and fast. Mooney moves to #2 and Pringle to the slot. St Brown and Jones the #4 and #5. Much better.

The defense becomes much more compromised, but that’s ok this year. You have top draft capital hopefully and FA for the trenches next year.

I like it and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. 

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic