2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

I think we all need some non sox discussion in our lives...... Bears are linked to Will Fuller(by one NFL writer in NY).... Bears are likely not going anywhere,  so what's the harm in throwing a little cash to a guy who will help Justin Fields for 10ish games? Lol.

That WR group with Fuller, Mooney, and Jones would be just silly fast. Pringle is no plodder either. It'd be a lot of fun to watch....again, for 10 games. Lol. 

56 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I think we all need some non sox discussion in our lives...... Bears are linked to Will Fuller(by one NFL writer in NY).... Bears are likely not going anywhere,  so what's the harm in throwing a little cash to a guy who will help Justin Fields for 10ish games? Lol.

That WR group with Fuller, Mooney, and Jones would be just silly fast. Pringle is no plodder either. It'd be a lot of fun to watch....again, for 10 games. Lol. 

I was hoping June 1st cuts would lead to something soon but I guess we really are just in a slog until late July.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:39 PM, bmags said:

I was hoping June 1st cuts would lead to something soon but I guess we really are just in a slog until late July.

I'd still very much like to see Fisher or Brown,  but from the sounds of it, we might see Borum and Jenkins as the tackles, which is mildly surprising/potentially disappointing.  Solomon Thomas is another guy I'm still interested in as a depth piece. I think Mario Edwards takes the 3T position and is fairly decent. 

I'm at a weird spot where I'm trying to convince myself the Bears might be fairly competitive.  There's a lot of boom or bust pretty much everywhere on this team. 

29 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I'd still very much like to see Fisher or Brown,  but from the sounds of it, we might see Borum and Jenkins as the tackles, which is mildly surprising/potentially disappointing.  Solomon Thomas is another guy I'm still interested in as a depth piece. I think Mario Edwards takes the 3T position and is fairly decent. 

I'm at a weird spot where I'm trying to convince myself the Bears might be fairly competitive.  There's a lot of boom or bust pretty much everywhere on this team. 

I've given up on tackles, if anything hoping the rumored cut of Seumalo to RG is what I'm hoping can happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I wish player for player trades were more common in the NFL. Love to trade him for some immediate OL help. 

I wish they could do a 3 way deal - get a wideout like the Washington guy or Metcalf and pay them, let Quinn go to another team and a 3rd team gets a pick.  

14 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I wish they could do a 3 way deal - get a wideout like the Washington guy or Metcalf and pay them, let Quinn go to another team and a 3rd team gets a pick.  

Curious...do you think Terry McLaurin is a #1 WR? 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I think he's probably a VERY good No. 2, but would be a huge upgrade for a team like the Bears. 

40 minutes ago, Tony said:

I think he's probably a VERY good No. 2, but would be a huge upgrade for a team like the Bears. 

This is probably the answer - but he has had 3 straight good statistical seasons despite terrible qb play.  And to your point him and Mooney together makes Bears corp much stronger. 

I don’t personally watch Washington at all so don’t have any opinion on him other than seeing his stat sheet. 

3 hours ago, scs787 said:

He's put up numbers with shit for QBs, so yes, I think he's a true #1, 

In fact, I'd be more in favor of him over DK despite the talent gap.   DK should have been a top 5 WR playing with an elite QB and a solid #2 receiver next to him.   But yet there was a lot of disappearing moments from him in Seattle.   I don't think his mental makeup is there. 

Edited by HOFHurt35

Now the question is, is Mooney a #1? 

They put up pretty much the same numbers last year.

Of course it'd be nice to have 2 #1 type guys, but if I'm giving up draft assets, it's gonna be for OL help....if there's any out there.

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I assume David Moore is about to get cut by the Bears. Was arrested on weapons and drug charges in Texas today (or report came out today).  

I did not remember he was on roster and immediately thought david montgomery so with that emotional roller coaster behind me, seems fine.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I assume David Moore is about to get cut by the Bears. Was arrested on weapons and drug charges in Texas today (or report came out today).  

Guys on 1 year prove it deals getting arrested before a single snap, oh the NFL

It is interesting - Goldman was a really good player and I respect the fact that he is entitled to do what he wants.  I am curious what it was that drove him to retire both times. I'm guessing its a - I made enough money and don't want to risk my body any more than I need to view (which I can 110% respect).  

Bears sign Michael Schofield, who played for the Chargers last year at G.

Big relief, though now that we are basically at camp I have come to grips with this being the worst bears roster since 2016 I think.

PFF did grade him slightly higher than Whitehair, so legit depth.

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic