Sign in to follow this  
bmags

2022 NFL Offseason thread

Reports of two good days of practice for the passing offense, and that it may be a good thing Fields had to play with 3rd and 4th receivers where he had to rely on the plays timing and not forcing things to Kmet/Mooney.

4 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Offensive line still sucks.

Ehhhh, I think they'll at the very least be better than last year. To me everything rides on Braxton Jones. If he's the goods like all the reports outta training camp say he is, the line will be above average.  Rieff and Schofield are very new and it'll take a bit of time for the whole line to gel. 

I'm not sure if I said it here, but I definitely said it over on talkbears.com, yes that's a thing guys, but Tresten Ebner is my offensive surprise of this season. I think he's gonna earn a big role very quickly and give the Bears healthy Cohen type numbers. 

15 hours ago, scs787 said:

Ehhhh, I think they'll at the very least be better than last year. To me everything rides on Braxton Jones. If he's the goods like all the reports outta training camp say he is, the line will be above average.  Rieff and Schofield are very new and it'll take a bit of time for the whole line to gel. 

I'm not sure if I said it here, but I definitely said it over on talkbears.com, yes that's a thing guys, but Tresten Ebner is my offensive surprise of this season. I think he's gonna earn a big role very quickly and give the Bears healthy Cohen type numbers. 

I don’t think there is a chance in hell they get to above average. If they are top 20 this year in football outsider rankings that’ll be a win

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I don’t think there is a chance in hell they get to above average. If they are top 20 this year in football outsider rankings that’ll be a win

Maybe "Above average" is pushing it, but I do think they have a chance to be not terrible. 

It all really hinges on Jones being solid. Whitehair, Patrick, Schofield,  and Reiff have all proven to be starting quality average-above average offensive linemen.  It's just a matter of all of those guys meshing and working together.