2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

Glad to hear the Roquan thing got cleared up for now at least. Bears are gonna have a boat load of cash next year and I can't imagine they don't resign him. Hopefully Poles told him, "Hey man, you stick around and play like the best linebacker in football this year and we will pay you as so." 

I'm ready to see what this team has this year. I'm actually really excited to see how this draft class performs. Probably the most excited I've been in awhile.

man i didn't realize even Renfroe signed an extension as well. You essentially have to hope one of the 2024 class WRs throws a fit and can actually get traded. There really is no hope for the 2023 WR class except if DJ Chark becomes a star this year. Otherwise it's pray Dallas has to make some hard choices and looks to deal out gallup or ceedee lamb.

Ugh, really wish the bears could have gotten Cooper. His this year salary made a bunch of stuff harder to do, but now that we are sitting with roughly 20 mill open it's a huge bummer. Boy would Mooney/Cooper/Pringle/ESB/VJJ look so much better.

8 hours ago, bmags said:

man i didn't realize even Renfroe signed an extension as well. You essentially have to hope one of the 2024 class WRs throws a fit and can actually get traded. There really is no hope for the 2023 WR class except if DJ Chark becomes a star this year. Otherwise it's pray Dallas has to make some hard choices and looks to deal out gallup or ceedee lamb.

Ugh, really wish the bears could have gotten Cooper. His this year salary made a bunch of stuff harder to do, but now that we are sitting with roughly 20 mill open it's a huge bummer. Boy would Mooney/Cooper/Pringle/ESB/VJJ look so much better.

With a top 10 pick next year, you'd have to think they go WR... ya know, unless Mooney takes yet another step, Velus shows a ton, and Pringle keeps consistently getting separation. Maybe not likely, but I still think there's potential there.

Hoping Jones is a legit LT so they are looking at either WR or DT in the draft.

Edited by scs787

51 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Alex Leatherwood for Tevin Jenkins.  Who says no?

I would rather Jenkins at RG than Leatherwood at RG where we know he sucks. 

Jenkins looked better coming out of college anyway. 

Leatherwood rated worse at RG than Mustipher did at center. Almost unbelievable.

Matt Bowen predicting Cole Kmet has a breakout year. To me, he's the key to this offense. Mooney is gonna get his, if healthy, I absolutely see him getting 1,250+ yards. If Kmet can put up 800+ yards and close to 10 TDs, the offense won't be atrocious. 

No Jimmie Ward for the 9ers in the Bears game. This further makes me wanna throw some money on the Bears. Ward is their tight end eraser and like I said, I think Kmet has a breakout year....I don't think Lance is ready to be a good starting NFL QB and the 9ers run game lost a lot. I think they're gonna struggle offensively and Ward being out is a huge hit to the defense. 

21 hours ago, scs787 said:

I still wanna believe in Jenkins. Idk what happened during camp, but if he's starting over Schofield at RG I think thats very encouraging since he was not drafted by this group and Schofield isn't bad. 

Schofield has looked really bad though. I'm also kinda bummed that Borom won just because he has not looked very impressive to me and it's kinda sad that he's better than Reiff. But we'll see soon enough. Really hope they were right on Patrick, because the interior could be much improved if Jenkins turns into a good guard.

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

Schofield has looked really bad though. I'm also kinda bummed that Borom won just because he has not looked very impressive to me and it's kinda sad that he's better than Reiff. But we'll see soon enough. Really hope they were right on Patrick, because the interior could be much improved if Jenkins turns into a good guard.

I'm hoping with both Schofield and Reiff,  it's just a case of them joining camp so late. I have no problem with them giving both Borom and Jenkins a short leash with vets behind them. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I'm hoping with both Schofield and Reiff,  it's just a case of them joining camp so late. I have no problem with them giving both Borom and Jenkins a short leash with vets behind them. 

Jahns latest has bears heavily in trade market for more lineman/watching waivers. So I don't think they are particularly happy with Schofield.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jahns latest has bears heavily in trade market for more lineman/watching waivers. So I don't think they are particularly happy with Schofield.

At this point, the organization should be looking at any and all players they think have potential.  Leatherwood was awful last year, but I'd absolutely take a chance on him if he hits the market. 

15 hours ago, scs787 said:

Matt Bowen predicting Cole Kmet has a breakout year. To me, he's the key to this offense. Mooney is gonna get his, if healthy, I absolutely see him getting 1,250+ yards. If Kmet can put up 800+ yards and close to 10 TDs, the offense won't be atrocious. 

These are top tier, Kelce type stats.  What has he done to show he's that good?

1 hour ago, SexiAlexei said:

These are top tier, Kelce type stats.  What has he done to show he's that good?

10 TDs might be a bit extreme,  but 800 yards is doable IMO. If you take away the Baltimore shitshow (weather) and the Cincy game that Fields didn't start, Kmet averaged 37 yards per game with Fields as his QB.... To get to 800 yards over a 17 week schedule he would need to average a whole 40 ypg. I can absolutely see him averaging even 60 ypg which would put him at 1020. 

I just think, with Fields and Kmet working out together in the offseason, that Justin will look to him way more often and he becomes the clear #2 option on this team..

34 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Super Bears. Super Bowl.

This is the relief I needed. Pettis may have been better thought of than we realized. I’d bet his returning may have put him as WR5

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is the relief I needed. Pettis may have been better thought of than we realized. I’d bet his returning may have put him as WR5

I don't remember the exact details of the article, but there was an article a few years ago about how Pettis' head wasn't all in on football. He wanted to be a reality TV star or something outside of football. He's a guy who has always had talent, he's just gotta dedicate himself to the game. Maybe a few years of humble pie might get him going. 

Fully expect him to be WR5. 

I know it was just preseason, and I know Cleveland didn't play all their starters, but that was still super encouraging just from a play calling standpoint.  

How often did Fields run bootleg last season? Not nearly enough is the answer. That should be his bread and butter. 

11 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Is this the new math they talk about?

My abacus came up with 680 yards if he averages 40 ypg for 17 weeks.

I mean, I obviously just meant he's gonna get those 800 yards on the way to the super bowl...that's another 3 games. Lol.

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic