Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

52 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Is John Means a possible trade target? Or would he cost too much given the three years of control he still has?

I promoted a Vaughn for Means swap to us fake GMs a month ago and it was widely thrown up on. That said, Means would be a great add given his stuff, cost and years of control.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Either La Russa has gone blind or he’s helping Hahn negotiate via the media.

Let’s hope so, because WOOF.  I need corrective lenses and all but the Gavin I saw, the movement wasn’t so great.  Nor the routes or the fielding.  He bad out there TLR…

56 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Isn't that too much for a guy that's pretty much a lock to be gone after 1 season?

I don't mind the idea of Manaea, but boy do we have a pretty awful track record when trading with the A's....please don't give up too much for 1 year of his services.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

and he's pitched well in his career against the Astros.  107 IP 3.43 ERA 1.180 WHIP

Harold, when is the LHH savage going to be acquired? 

They are dicking around and ignoring their real needs. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

I'm not offened by the Josh Harrison signing or a 2B platoon w/Leury. I can even warm to the idea of the combo platter in RF (although it marginalizes Vaughns potential). But the Sox need a reliable rotation piece w/mid-TOR stuff (Means?) and hopefully a back-up defensive oriented Catcher. Check those boxes and we're good.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

No idea how he has a platform when he doesn’t even understand basic trade values.

We have too many glorified wannabe journalists covering the Sox on Twitter these days.  I've learned to mute most of them.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I promoted a Vaughn for Means swap to us fake GMs a month ago and it was widely thrown up on. That said, Means would be a great add given his stuff, cost and years of control.

Trading Vaughn for 3 arb years of a decent SP (career fip around 4.5) would be awful.