Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you look up the salary of Keuchel and McNeil plus throw in $10M Sox save about $6M. This is my best guess based on looking at their salaries yesterday but not confirming them today.

I meant “how does this shed salary” for the Mets, who are looking to shed salary as well.

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I meant “how does this shed salary” for the Mets, who are looking to shed salary as well.

Ahh ok but I find it odd that when you look at the Mets idea of shedding salary among position players the names thrown around are guys not making much like JD Davis and McNeil. The higher paid position players they have are the guys they just signed like Marte and Canha and the burdensome contract of Cano. I don't see how they can shed much salary among those 3. unless they find a sucker for Cano or trade Lindor or McCann.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Really interesting trade for the Twins. IKF can’t hit much but is a great defender. But to give up Garver in the deal? Very interesting. 

Yeah I like that deal for Texas. All glove light hitting .670 OPS bat going to the Twins? Sure. And I feel like Garver homered off us all the time lol

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ahh ok but I find it odd that when you look at the Mets idea of shedding salary among position players the names thrown around are guys not making much like JD Davis and McNeil. The higher paid position players they have are the guys they just signed like Marte and Canha and the burdensome contract of Cano. I don't see how they can shed much salary among those 3. unless they find a sucker for Cano.

Yeah you’d have to get really creative to shed Cano’s salary. Basically attach a couple top prospects to get out from under it.

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah you’d have to get really creative to shed Cano’s salary. Basically attach a couple top prospects to get out from under it.

Not suggesting the Sox do this in the slightest, but think Mets would hand over McNeil to get from under Cano considering their payroll situation? Maybe take back Keuchel? Just brainstorming…know something like this was tossed around here months ago.