Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

12 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I can't help but wonder what the attendance for the White Sox and other MLB teams is going to be this 2022 season. With gas prices and inflation going thru the roof I can't help  but think that the attendance is not going to be that good this year. I'm no spring chicken and I've never seen inflation like this in my lifetime. Most people are not going to have that much disposable income on baseball games. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Better for us season ticket holders.

Seriously, though the 12.00 tickets on Sundays make it very affordable. 

46 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I give zero fucks about some online trade value website. John Means is a slightly above average SP with 3 years of increasing cost control. AV is a former #3 overall pick with the enormous offensive upside, can play LF or 1B, has 5 years of control, 2 prearb, fits Balts window better. It’s really not that close. But we can agree to disagree - most everyone here is also going to disagree with you. It’s kind of a comical take. 

I'm a huge Vaughn fan but he is arguably the most valuable among the replaceable. He will likely start the season as back-up to Eloy in LF and the weak-side of a RF platoon with Sheets (and some DH vs. LH pitching) and he'll be plucking splinters out of his ass waiting for 1B to open which won't be anytime soon. Means is young, cost-controled, LH and posted a 4BWAR in '21 (including a no-hitter). I pointed to 3rd party data and invited you to provide your own to support your claim. I don't much give a rats ass either way but find your response to be a bit aggressive.  

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Here's your SP add guys. 

Could it be that this dude is a depth and insurance piece until Hahn makes a trade for one of Oakland’s starters? Why is Oakland trading everyone away again?

42 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Better for us season ticket holders.

Seriously, though the 12.00 tickets on Sundays make it very affordable. 

I'm a season ticket holder also. Judging by what I've seen on WHITESOX.Com/tickets  there doesn't appear to be that many season ticket holders. I thought there would a bump after last years division championship. It doesn't appear like they didn't get much of a bump in season ticket sales. I can't help but wonder how many season ticket holders they have.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

4.5 WAR isn't worth $25 million a year I guess. 

That was a really flat offensive year for him. That shows you how good he is. Most guys who put up 4-5 WAR seem like they're locked and loaded.

36 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Could it be that this dude is a depth and insurance piece until Hahn makes a trade for one of Oakland’s starters? Why is Oakland trading everyone away again?

Because the Astros, M's, Angels and Rangers are all better positioned and the stadium situation shows no sign of a resolution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I can't help but wonder what the attendance for the White Sox and other MLB teams is going to be this 2022 season. With gas prices and inflation going thru the roof I can't help  but think that the attendance is not going to be that good this year. I'm no spring chicken and I've never seen inflation like this in my lifetime. Most people are not going to have that much disposable income on baseball games. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Inflation isn't going through the roof. Gas prices are "high" in the US. Gas prices are not inflation.

2 minutes ago, bruni said:

Ok - what does WSox nation think of this one:

WSox give Milwaukee Kopech, Kimbrel, and Aldolfo.

Milwaukee gives WSox Woodruff (3 years of control left) and Joey Wiemer 

why is milwaukee trading woodruff?