Rodon to SF, 2 years, $44 million (opt out after year 1)

Heads22

• Heads22 changed the title to Rodon to SF, 2 years, $44 million (opt out after year 1)
1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Part of me wonders if there was some sort of handshake agreement upon him re-signing with the Sox, that they wouldn't extend the qualifying offer if he ended up warranting one.

Are qualifying offers still a thing going forward after this latest deal?

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Part of me wonders if there was some sort of handshake agreement upon him re-signing with the Sox, that they wouldn't extend the qualifying offer if he ended up warranting one.

I don't think that's legal. Boras would be an awful agent if he let one player's situation affect another. 

Just now, wegner said:

Are qualifying offers still a thing going forward after this latest deal?

Yeah how does it work exactly? Say if we offered Rodon the QO, he declines, but doesn't sign before the expiration of the CBA. Do we still get a comp. pick if they do come up with an international draft? 

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I would guess so from the way this was handled vs how Kimbrel was handled, but that is completely without evidence to support it.

17 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Boras would have done a handshake agreement for Rodon to return to the White Sox in 21 cheaply over other teams if they wouldn’t offer a QO. It’s either that happened or Rick Hahn is an idiot who didn’t understand the market by $26 million.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Good for him. I wonder if that opt out issue may be holding up Conforto as well as Boras usually likes to attach that when the player is coming off a bad year. Maybe we are insisting on a mutual opt out and they aren't agreeing.

I’ve heard Conforto wants big years and money 

Just now, fathom said:

I’ve heard Conforto wants big years and money 

Well he isn't getting 150 after last year from anyone, IMO and a player only opt out leaves with all the risk and none of the flexibility in case Colas is ready. 

If they are gonna string us along, sign Schwarber. 

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Well he isn't getting 150 after last year from anyone, IMO and a player only opt out leaves with all the risk and none of the flexibility in case Colas is ready. 

If they are gonna string us along, sign Schwarber. 

And who plays RF?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1