Spring Training thread

Balta1701

10 hours ago, smellysox said:

I thought Tanner looked decent when I saw him at the beginning of ST. Although pitchers generally have the advantage over hitters in the beginning. 

I was just telling my brother a few days ago that I thought Banks looked like the real deal.  I like this move.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Mendick and Sousa the most likely to go when the roster goes from 28 to 26.

Banks and Crick the most likely to go when Lynn and Kelly come off the IL.

Between Banks and Burr I would take

Banks . I have seen enough of Burr to know if he pitches I need to stop watching . 

25 minutes ago, quickman said:

Between Banks and Burr I would take

Banks . I have seen enough of Burr to know if he pitches I need to stop watching . 

We should be more supportive of Burr and Ruiz.  If we believe in them, collectively, they will start to believe in themselves even more. 

49 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Mendick and Sousa the most likely to go when the roster goes from 28 to 26.

Banks and Crick the most likely to go when Lynn and Kelly come off the IL.

I kind of doubt we roll with just 1 lefty unless Sousa gets hit around. 

7 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Crazy how the quickly the pen went from a major strength to a major question mark in a week. 

AT least for the beginning of the season with both the starting and relief pitching. The injury to Lynn just underscored the fact that the Sox never converted on their stated goals to improve the starting pitcher. The Kopech delay from Covid didn't help either.

The injuries to Crochet and Kelly hurt both the high end late innings relief while the Crochet injury and 2 missing pieces impacted the back end long relief guys if Lopez has to start any games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

We should be more supportive of Burr and Ruiz.  If we believe in them, collectively, they will start to believe in themselves even more. 

What!? Caulfield, you finally have a short post that is less than 3 paragraphs and this is what you say? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Keuchel for the home opener is slightly better than Velasquez?  Maybe?  Either way I feel bad for the fans that dropped serious $ to watch that shit show in person. 

They know that opening day will be a full house and Keuchel would get boo'd endlessly if he sucks. But there will probably be nobody to boo him on the 2nd day when there's maybe 10k in the crowd.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Sounds like a quote from a Brene Brown book. I think I will take a pass and move on from Burr.

On 4/4/2022 at 2:45 PM, flavum said:

They have 16 pitchers in camp, and three of them are Crochet, Lynn, and Kelly…so something has to come from outside the organization. 13 pitchers with expanded rosters isn’t really a good option.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, SonofaRoache said:

What if we re-signed Rodon for 18 mil. Then his arm gets injured because he is always hurt. Then Lynn still gets hurt. Rodon should have been brought back on the QO, but most of the reason he is not back is because of health. 

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

AT least for the beginning of the season with both the starting and relief pitching. The injury to Lynn just underscored the fact that the Sox never converted on their stated goals to improve the starting pitcher. The Kopech delay from Covid didn't help either.

The injuries to Crochet and Kelly hurt both the high end late innings relief while the Crochet injury and 2 missing pieces impacted the back end long relief guys if Lopez has to start any games.

Kelly was signed knowing that he wasn't going to be ready for April.  This is not a new injury.

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

Not really sure how Velasquez won the fifth spot. Must have been a limbo contest and a very low bar.

Probably more by default.  Not like the Sox have a plethora of options.  I guess I probably would have gone with ReyLo myself, but my guess is they're saving ReyLo to piggyback Kopech.