Sox Sign Vince Velasquez

Heads22

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not sure how this prevents us from adding another starter.  This is probably a $2M signing that sends Burr to AAA to start the year.

Let's say this is a $3M signing. That leaves them $13M under the tax (pending Kimbrel, which obviously nobody has any idea what's going on there) 

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

How expanded are we talking? And for how long? I haven’t seen that yet.

They’ve said they’re waiting to discuss it, but let’s put it this way…

In 1990, they ended the lockout on March 19, and opening day was April 9th. They went with 28 man active rosters for three weeks. 

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

They’ve said they’re waiting to discuss it, but let’s put it this way…

In 1990, they ended the lockout on March 19, and opening day was April 9th. They went with 28 man active rosters for three weeks. 

Was there an uptick in injuries that year? 

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Someone dared RH to field a team made entirely of  utility guys, first basemen and  and relievers. So, a challenge 

Don't forget they're also bringing former first rounder Brandon Finnegan into camp.  Heck, we just signed a former #10 in the first round, OF Cornelius Randolph.

Vinnie and Chuck are both cringe. I've never understood the water-carrying culture. It's not casual baseball skeptics tuning into offseason analysis podcasts. You can tell it like it is, even with a slightly optimistic bent. You'd probably do a lot better too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KBX said:

Vinnie and Chuck are both cringe. I've never understood the water-carrying culture. It's not casual baseball skeptics tuning into offseason analysis podcasts. You can tell it like it is, even with a slightly optimistic bent. You'd probably do a lot better too.

It's a business. They can't burn bridges or they risk not getting the good scoop, interviews, etc. If they don't do it, someone else will and they will be replaced.

• Like 1

Another piece of shit pick up. Just looked at his stats and they SUCK. We always go on the cheap and try and fiund that diamond in the rough or a rehab project. 

Hahn and JR  believe they can win with just pitching. All be it the pitching is pretty damn good but Harrison Valasquez and Kelly will not bring us to the promised land, only a legit right fielder and a REAL SECOND BASEMAN. 

20 minutes ago, KBX said:

Was there an uptick in injuries that year? 

The Sox were remarkably healthy in 1990 and won 94 games. Don’t remember a huge problem league wide. Of course that’s pre-max effort baseball.  But if they expanded in April 1990, they’re expanding the roster in April 2022.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Ok, must have had some bad info then. 

Moving Kimbrel is still a must in order to add a major piece and have room for mid-season additions. I highly doubt Jerry is willing to go into the tax.

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I’m still waiting for a move they make this offseason that makes them better at a spot than last year 

You’re not supposed to notice that. Remember, we’re expected to win the ALC and once in the playoffs anything can happen!!

2 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

You’re not supposed to notice that. Remember, we’re expected to win the ALC and once in the playoffs anything can happen!!

I just wish for once we put our nuts on the table and made all the other teams in the AL try to chase our talent. 

• Thanks 2