3/17 Game Thread (1) - Cubs @ Sox, 3 PM, NBCSCH

Heads22

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

There’s the right fielder! He’s ready to be in the lineup on opening day! You can’t spend $1 when you have $0.50!

That crap doesn't play on West Madison. The Bulls sell out practically every game but they are in the bottom third in payroll.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Impossible not to get excited about Vaughn's upside for this season at the plate

Vaughn has had some of the most ridicolous circumstances put in front of him after being draft. Missed season from COVID, brought right up next year. Asked to play positions he's never played.

Vaughn still one of the three best college hitters I've ever seen. Guys swing is bum proof as I call it; no wasted movement, barrel in the zone for so long, direct path to the ball. Vaughn is going to be a stud. It was all a timing issue, and having never seen those big league sliders low and away. He'll figure that out sooner than later, and the guy will be a straight machine afterwards. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Vaughn has had some of the most ridicolous circumstances put in front of him after being draft. Missed season from COVID, brought right up next year. Asked to play positions he's never played.

Vaughn still one of the three best college hitters I've ever seen. Guys swing is bum proof as I call it; no wasted movement, barrel in the zone for so long, direct path to the ball. Vaughn is going to be a stud. It was all a timing issue, and having never seen those big league sliders low and away. He'll figure that out sooner than later, and the guy will be a straight machine afterwards. 

But let me tell you about why him having a second half slump is why he needs some AAA seasoning or we should trade him for Frankie Montas.

• Haha 2