Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If it’s for Will Myers then I’m betting Chris Paddack is coming with him.  Not sure how I’d feel about that since Myers really doesn’t add to this roster at all.

They’re down on Paddack and Gore, but not THAT down…way too many pitchers coming off injuries like Darvish, Clevinger, Morejon and Lamet.  Weathers was a rookie last year and hit a workload wall.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It's among the worst, but right in line with what they did at 2B. Forget the $1 million Kimbrel buyout, have him at $16 million, and trade him for a $21 million player projected to play to an under 1.0 fWAR.

Eh, I don't think Myers is below 1 WAR kind of bad. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If it’s for Will Myers then I’m betting Chris Paddack is coming with him.  Not sure how I’d feel about that since Myers really doesn’t add to this roster at all.

This would be outstanding.  I love Paddack.  Really I love most their SPs haha

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Why would the Sox say RF and SP are our biggest priorities and then proceed to get financially tapped out before addressing either need?

The incompetence of the FO will never fail to surprise me. 

• Like 1

if i were to guess

Kimbrel for Bellinger (26)down year -.8 fWAR, similar price tag at 17M with one more year of control, left handed OF/1B
Kimbrel for Hanniger (31) 1 year of control right handed older and coming off injury horrid defender 
Kimbrel for Wil Myers(31) 1 year of control right handed with an option bad defense as well

Edited by beautox
wrong hand

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Why would the Sox say RF and SP are our biggest priorities and then proceed to get financially tapped out before addressing either need?

Misdirection 

Or they were wrong in the market and had to adjust. 

1 minute ago, beautox said:

if i were to guess

Kimbrel for Bellinger (26)down year -.8 fWAR, similar price tag at 17M with one more year of control, left handed OF/1B
Kimbrel for Hanniger (31) 1 year of control right handed older and coming off injury horrid defender 
Kimbrel for Wil Myers(31) 1 year of control left handed with an option bad defense as well

I don't see Seattle trading Haniger. They don't really need bullpen help. 

1 minute ago, beautox said:

if i were to guess

Kimbrel for Wil Myers(31) 1 year of control left handed with an option bad defense as well

Pretty sure apart from last year, Haniger has been a fine defender

30 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

West Coast team? 

Well it won't be OAK. It's prolly not LAD (Lux would be so awesome), I doubt SD wants to blow their remaining cash on him, maybe SF or SEA? 

Seattle is intriguing, they have too many young promising OFs for available positions and could use bullpen help now that they're all in.

4 minutes ago, beautox said:

if i were to guess

Wil Myers is right handed.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, beautox said:

if i were to guess

Wil Myers wasn’t LH last time I checked…

4 minutes ago, beautox said:

if i were to guess

Myers bats right handed, I do believe.  

2 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Seattle is intriguing, they have too many young promising OFs for available positions and could use bullpen help now that they're all in.

Sure, we can have Taylor Trammell if you can manage to fix his offensive game.  Defense is stellar, at least.

Just now, ptatc said:

Yes, too bad they won't have a good team this year.

You can't seriously say what we've done so far this off-season and think they executed the plan they laid out when the off-season started.

• Like 2

• Quin locked this topic