Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Realistically assuming arb offers to obvious guys like Gio and Cease, and with Keuchel gone, the white sox’s payroll next year is already $170 million+. If $190 is an issue this year, are we comfortable having $190 on the books for 2023? 

If that's the limiting factor then there is little point in considering Manea. Losing Sheets or Crochet plus another prospect is hardly worth one year of the guy.

I think 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Realistically assuming arb offers to obvious guys like Gio and Cease, and with Keuchel gone, the white sox’s payroll next year is already $170 million+. If $190 is an issue this year, are we comfortable having $190 on the books for 2023? 

Are you counting Kuechel? I wasn’t counting him on the next years payroll. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

so Kaplan today said the Sox are very interested in Montas, but the price is either Vaughn or Sheets and Crochet.  Didn’t hear anything about Sox holding 3 offers for Kimbrel, but I could have missed that 

Definitely wouldn’t trade Vaughn for two years of Montas.  And wouldn’t like trading Sheets & Crochet for him either as it opens up two holes on the major league roster.

32 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

I think 

Are you counting Kuechel? I wasn’t counting him on the next years payroll. 

No. That’s without Keuchel or Abreu, but while thinking about filling out a roster so up to 26 players, and keeping Lopez and Engel so there’s a bit they could free up from those two, but they also don’t have obvious replacements around. They just have a lot of money committed for next year.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Doesn't he have a PEDs violation in his past?  Seems like bad mojo after how Colome fell apart going Sox to Twins last year.

Colome has absolutely nothing to do with Montas. But yeah. Hard pass on giving Crochet up for Montas. 

• Like 1

Before the window closes, the Sox farm system needs to reach a point where they can make necessary upgrades via trade without always having to deal from the big league roster. A healthy organization should have enough prospect capital to acquire 1/2 years of non elite players without it being an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quickman said:

When crochet came he was suppose to be chris sale but if he was chris sale he would be in the rotation by now. I don’t know what he is except a lefthander .if he is not chris sale then get something for him, if he is chris sale then get him in the rotation.

He wasn't Chris Sale as Chris Sale was a full time starter in college. Crochet was not. He has Chris Sale potential because if the fastball and slider from the left side.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think that if Crochet remains on the Sox, he's going to stay in the bullpen. 

He won't start unless he gets traded. 

He won't unless his arm can't handle it.

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If the Soler to the Padres rumors and Castellanos to the Phillies rumors from Twitter are true, who’s even left in the running for Conforto besides the Sox?

Jays, Yankees, Marlins, Dbacks, Red Sox.  Jays and Boston are two to watch out for.

Edited by fathom

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Jays, Yankees, Marlins, Dbacks, Red Sox.  Jays and Boston are two to watch out for.

I still can’t believe Boston would go to the ALCS, trade away Renfroe, lose Schwarber, get an extra $20 million under the tax, and come out of this offseason without one more bat.

57 minutes ago, Tony said:

So by that logic, Carlos Correa sucks?

No thats not my logic because correa is a top player, conforto is not. At least not in my standard. Freeman top player, conforto not. I guess I am saying why hasn't somebody swooped in and grabbed this guy. Balta says because he was a qualifying offer .. ok that maybe a reason for sure but if he is so good who the hell cares. Correa is that good, but he will cost huge dollars. Freeman is that good but he will cost huge dollars. Conforto is not in that league. may be people value the lost pick more than conforto. 

7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If the Soler to the Padres rumors and Castellanos to the Phillies rumors from Twitter are true, who’s even left in the running for Conforto besides the Sox?

I think a possible scenario is we trade Kimbrel for an outfielder and trade Sheets and someone else for a starting pitcher. 

12 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Definitely seems like a possibility. Maybe something like Kimbrel++ for Austin Meadows and Sheets++ for Manaea. 

A twitter account earlier mentioned look for Kimbrel to the West Coast. Don’t know how credible he is though.

Edited by maloney.adam

28 minutes ago, quickman said:

No thats not my logic because correa is a top player, conforto is not. At least not in my standard. Freeman top player, conforto not. I guess I am saying why hasn't somebody swooped in and grabbed this guy. Balta says because he was a qualifying offer .. ok that maybe a reason for sure but if he is so good who the hell cares. Correa is that good, but he will cost huge dollars. Freeman is that good but he will cost huge dollars. Conforto is not in that league. may be people value the lost pick more than conforto. 

You ready to eat crow when he signs for around 4/80m?

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• Quin locked this topic