Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just nothing linking the Sox to him. After a while, no news means no interest, IMO.

But he’s literally linked nowhere…his market remains a total mystery.  At the end of the day, Hahn said adding lineup balance was am importance offseason goal and that has yet to happen in any capacity.  That alone keeps me optimistic there is a chance here.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

If the Padres sign Soler, I have a terrible feeling that the Sox will end up with Myers for RF in a Kimbrel trade. Soler currently does not fit on that Padres roster.

i completely agree. Myers for Kimbrel makes sense (in theory). I love the LAD ideas but this is what I foresee/fear happening. 

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I notice you didn’t include 2018.

At any rate, $24-25 million players are not in JR’s price range unless superstars.

It was the death of Ordonez, CLee and Buehrle…Ventura, etc.

Even with 2018 he would still be 7th. With how loaded third base is, pretty good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But he’s literally linked nowhere…his market remains a total mystery.  At the end of the day, Hahn said adding lineup balance was am importance offseason goal and that has yet to happen in any capacity.  That alone keeps me optimistic there is a chance here.

Also the Sox tend to not want their interest in a player to be publicly leaked. They like to work behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sometimes moves come out of nowhere. I don't think the Braves were ever linked to Kenley and the Braves official Twitter account announced the signing out of the blue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Also the Sox tend to not want their interest in a player to be publicly leaked. They like to work behind the scenes.

Unfortunately, that's not how Boras does business. He's always gotta feed Heyman something to tweet about. 

3 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

i completely agree. Myers for Kimbrel makes sense (in theory). I love the LAD ideas but this is what I foresee/fear happening. 

Kimbrel is paid market rate more or less whereas Myers is an albatross.  I don’t see how that makes any sense for us without a massive second piece coming back from the Padres.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You are reborn every off season with optimism.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Sometimes moves come out of nowhere. I don't think the Braves were ever linked to Kenley and the Braves official Twitter account announced the signing out of the blue. 

Braves are without a doubt the most secretive team

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Campusano as backup catcher :)

Campusano is a top 100 prospect, Myers is owed about 23.5 million on his deal. I'm not sure Campusano is worth only 7.5 million in value. 

Maybe Scott can give us a break since he's made all those $$$ already this off-season. 

I just looked up Boras' commission, it's 5% of the contract. His company has made $61 million off these deals alone. 

Edited by chw42
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You are reborn every off season with optimism.

To me, the Sox outlined what their strategic priorities were for this offseason and there’s one blatantly obvious need still unaddressed.  Conforto has always been the best fit for what the Sox need and his price should be right in our wheelhouse.  I get there are long-term payroll factors that must be considered, but signing this dude just makes too much sense from a logic standpoint.  For now, I remain optimistic that Hahn wouldn’t spend all this money on relievers & utility men if it prevented him from acquiring the left-handed power bat he said he wanted earlier this offseason.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Focus on winning now and just trade some when the time comes.

That being said, the Sox will need introduce some young players into key roles over the next couple years.  Romy, Popeye, or possibly Yogurt will need take on the 2B and/or utility roles.  Crochet might have to move to the rotation in 2023.  And we need to develop some god damn relievers.

Colson Montgomery Hopefully 

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic